Back From the Call Centers

keoki7

Looks like the boys in the Asian subcontinent have been laid-off from the call centers and come back to peddling fantasy Picks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/German-Leather-Pickelhaube-Helmet-Prussian-Helmet-Spiked-Officer-Halloween-Gift/224016613222?hash=item34286e3f66:g:eu4AAOSwbtNaMpXA

They have recently literally flooded the German eBay site with these crap repro helmets.

Last year I spoke with a nice customer service agent about the endless problem of these garbage reproduction helmets flooding the US eBay website, specifically that they were being listed incorrectly in the "original items" section, and not in the appropriate "reproductions" section where they Should be listed.

The customer service rep "understood" my concern, but their hands were tied in that unless the items were "reported" via the official "report an item" channel, their hands were tied and they could not do anything about moving the items to the appropriate category of "reproductions".

I spent a considerable amount of time searching for specifically how to "report" these mis-categorized garbage helmets, and some of the search was conducted while speaking with an eBay customer service rep, asking them which reporting category to use in the 3-different drop down box category lists used for "reporting an item" on eBay. In other words, I walked through the categories with the eBay customer service rep, trying to figure out the appropriate "report item" category so that they would actually do something about these mis-categorized repro helmets.

It seems that eBay doesn't have a real, correct method to report these repro helmets being incorrectly listed in the "original items" category for helmets & headgear.

The only thing that worked for me that I could see was to report them to eBay using the "redundant listings" complaint category in the "report items" drop box list for all of their endless, multiple listings of the exact same items that these jack asses list of the exact same item, over and over again, so it appears. Instead of simply making 1 listing per variety of helmet with the option of having say "10 available", the ignorant jack asses make 10 separate listings of the same item, and so on with each variety of garbage repro helmet that they make. So if they make 50-different varieties of helmets, their norm is to have 10 listings per item going on at the same time, equaling 500 listings placed on eBay. No exaggeration, this is what they do, and it floods the original helmets & headgear section on eBay with garbage. We've all seen it, and it needs to stop.

If we would all make an effort to "report" these crap items to eBay, maybe eBay would get sick of dealing with the complaints, and actually do something about it. It seemed to work for me when I did what I described above. Imagine what it would do if we got 20 or 30 people from this forum making the same official eBay "report item" complaint submissions on these made in India pieces of crap.

Best Regards,

Alan

Wow! I almost just now fell out of my chair when I saw some positive results on eBay with the made in India fake/repro garbage helmets.

Here's the good news: I got one seller to move his repro fake helmets to the appropriate "Reproduction Items" section, and remove his 5-listings from the inappropriate "Original Items" category that these jokers are using to flood the Helmets category with their garbage items.

Here's exactly what I used to message one eBay seller from India to move his items to the "Reproduction Items" section:

"You have your replica helmet listed in the Wrong Auction Category.

Please revise your listing and place it in the "REPLICA" Items category.

Your item Does Not Belong in the "Original Items" category.

If you do not move this item to the appropriate, correct "Replica" category, I will contact eBay customer service."

So it worked with one seller. Maybe it will work with the other sellers as well.

Best Regards,

Alan

Thanks Amy, I appreciate it!

It seems to work on the smaller ones who have a handful of listings. Some other small sellers have recently moved their items over to the "Replica" items category.

The problem is with the huge amount of listings from seller "KINGSARMOR" from India, who places over 300 Listings at One Time.

If we all take a few moments to Copy & Paste the Below Message and send it to this seller "kingsarmor" from India, It is my belief that they will get tired quickly from being contacted and threatened with complaints to eBay Customer Service, and they will eventually move their listings to the appropriate "Replica Items" category where these items should be listed.

Here's the message that seems to work:

"You have your replica helmet listed in the Wrong Auction Category.

Please revise your listing and place it in the "REPLICA" Items category.

Your item Does Not Belong in the "Original Items" category.

If you do not move this item to the appropriate, correct "Replica" category, I will contact eBay customer service."

Thanks for everyone who helps out with this project!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back