Bad News about travel from Europe to the USA for the S O S

KAGGR#1

I got some bad news this A M from my collector friend in Belgium .
He wrote that he doubts that he can attend the S O S as planed
due to travel restrictions .
Also he wrote that he heard that the dealers from Europe will
not be able to attend the S O S
Dealers from the U K ; France and Germany .
Steve

I know some are still trying to get here from overseas, not sure how?

It will be an interesting show, probably not as well attended as normal, but still a show and I can hardly wait.

Bringing lots to sell, and hoping for some treasures to buy!

James

I don't expect it to be a "normal" SOS by any means, but I agree with James it should be an interesting show and I am excited for it. I am really sorry my European and Asian friends can't attend. My other worry is that it will be freezing.

That may seem odd given the show is in July, but trade show halls blast the air conditioning and the high ceilings and open floor means it can get cold fast. Those systems are designed for shows that have lots of electronics. Old militaria doesn't generate a lot of heat - now of course there is always a lot of hot air coming from the dealers.

Unfortunately, I will not be attending. The CN border is not yet open to non essential travel. I could fly into Louisville but would have to quarantine after getting back home. Much as I would like to go to the show and see everyone it is just not practical right now. James has promised to take photos for the forum so we will be able to see some of “the action “.

James ;
I agree we will still have a good show and lots of fun .
Brian ;
I am very disappointed that you will not be there .
I will miss seeing you
Steve

Same here Steve I always enjoy seeing the treasure you pick up at the Show! A flight would also cost me an extra $400 just in pre and post flight covid tests. Better to spend that cash at SOS 2022! :D

I'm sorry that I'll not be seeing you guys there this time around.

Hope you all have good finds and lots of fun.

All the Best,

Alan

Back