Baden dragoon haube

Carlson

Opinions on this one?

Take a close look at the inside view of the helmet, where the cross plate is attached. Were new holes drilled? Or is it ok?

Also, take a gander at the matching tunic:

What's with the shoulder straps?

Oh, and by the way, a very happy New Year to all!

David

David- I was looking at this one as well, until I saw the inside top that you mentioned, somthing goofy going on there!

James

David: I believe the inner plate is not original to this helmet. In addition to the added holes you can see where washers were originally between the square nuts and the plate.

Reservist1

Hello all:
I like this piece. Everything is correct about it, classic dragoon squared off top, excellent scales and kokarden, deluxe silk liner with v S cypher. Correct Baden reservist wappen lacking the usual motto as it is found on the brass reservist cross.
I believe that the large aluminum support disc has been added from another helmet probably by some collector hoping to avoid the helmet top from sinking in which is typical of cruciform spike bases.
If I were going to bid, I would clear this up with the seller. However, I would be surprised if there were extra holes in the top of the shell. There is too much "right" about this helme. Brian

Back