Baden helmet on eBay

I can say for certainty that the Baden kokarde or cocade is a 100% modern copy or replica. The chinstrap also appears to be a modern reproduction or copy also.

There was a seller on eBay France who has sold several copies of wartime gray color steel Baden wappens or front plates for the Model 1915 pickelhaubes. That seller sold them as copies, and they looked really great. It is hard to say for certain from the photos if the wappen on this helmet is original or not. It may be o.k., or it may not be o.k. It's unfortunate these days that we have to be so concerned with the possibility of replica parts being installed on helmets which are sold on eBay or elsewhere.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Hi,
I agree with Alan’s comments.
The peaks have been re-sewn to the helmet through the liner, I doubt that was done during the war.
Helmet made in 1917 in Roisdorf, which is not in Baden. If the unit mark on the rear peak is not of a Baden unit then it’s only the Wappen that links it to Baden.
However if the marking is of a Baden unit then it might be original, though in a poor condition.
Regards,
Lars

Hey thanks so much for your help! Saved me a lot of money. Great to have such experts in this forum. Thanks again!

Hopefully I will find someday a good one

Back