Baden m15 question

feel76

Hi Guys,

i am planning to buy this Pickelhaube, but i need your opinion first. Is all original is its condition ok? The price is almost 680 euros is that to much?

http://community.webshots.com/album/571062589JcyJRm

Kind regards

Hello mr. Feel 76,

I'm sorry to be the messenger of some bad news... My advise is to you: save your money for a good original, not messed with helmet and let this one go...
Here a few reasons for not purchasing the helmet:
1 All metaf fittings are sanded and repainted, you can see clearly the scratches on the spike and the color looks very odd.
2 A piece of the neckguard is missing (front left side)
3 Something is wrong with the stitching of the leather (treads are missing)
4 The front rivet of the spike is a replacement (is taller than the others) and has been bent more than once
5 The Liner is repro replacement
6 The liner cord is a bad repro
7 The Baden cocade seems to be to large and does not fit at all
8 The leather of the chinstrap is not ok, it's not even cut straight (the metal parts are doubtfull too)
9 The overall condition of all parts together looks as what it is: a put together haube with the intention of fooling another poor guy... and just take his money for a messed up helmet...
Save another 200 euro's and you have a good original...
Once again, sorry for the bad news, but better now than after spending your money...

Greetings from Belgium,

Adler

Thank you for the comment. It is better do be disappointed than to pay 680 euros for such a messy helmet. I am really glad i have you guys to help. I have to learn alot maore about these helmets. I guess i won'T take the risk of buying something on a militaria expo. I will make pics and let you see them first before i will buy something.

THX again

Back