Baden vulcan fiber

Arrow

Here is a my Baden vulcan fiber with a Lieb-Grenadier wappen and silver fittings. Both visors needed to be sewn back on, the front was held on by the trim pins and a staple, the rear was glued in the corners and held in the center by the rear spine.
The interior was painted a tan color and then stamped. I haven't been able to find another example of this being done.

PSX_20230213_223444.jpgPSX_20230213_223123.jpgPSX_20230213_223659.jpg

The wappen appears to have been on the helmet for a long time but the IR 170 stamp on rear visor isn't correct, so not sure if it's an original Lieb Grenadier or it has had the visor relaced at some point. Hoping someone here will chime in.
Here it is after getting rid of the glue and staple and sewing the visors back on...my fingers still hurt!

Kevin

PSX_20230213_220246.jpgPSX_20230213_221757.jpgPSX_20230213_221933.jpgPSX_20230213_222814.jpgPSX_20230213_222238.jpgPSX_20230213_222544.jpg

Here is a my Baden vulcan fiber with a Lieb-Grenadier wappen and silver fittings. Both visors needed to be sewn back on, the front was held on by the trim pins and a staple, the rear was glued in the corners and held in the center by the rear spine.
The interior was painted a tan color and then stamped. I haven't been able to find another example of this being done.

View attachment 29737View attachment 29738View attachment 29740

The wappen appears to have been on the helmet for a long time but the IR 170 stamp on rear visor isn't correct, so not sure if it's an original Lieb Grenadier or it has had the visor relaced at some point. Hoping someone here will chime in.
Here it is after getting rid of the glue and staple and sewing the visors back on...my fingers still hurt!

Kevin

View attachment 29741View attachment 29742View attachment 29743View attachment 29744View attachment 29745View attachment 29746
I can't explain the I R 170 Kammer issue stamp
but the I R 170 was NOT silver trim
the gromets for the front plate are silver color
as are the side lugs
It would seem to be O K to me
Steve

I can't explain the I R 170 Kammer issue stamp
but the I R 170 was NOT silver trim
the gromets for the front plate are silver color
as are the side lugs
It would seem to be O K to me
Steve
Thanks Steve, as I said the rear visor was held on with glue, could just be a replacement somebody stuck on there.
Kevin

In my opinion, if the stitch holes on the rear visor lined up when you restitched it, then there is no way it was some spare glued on as a replacement. The rear spine also fits perfectly, another indication that everything is legit.

In my opinion, if the stitch holes on the rear visor lined up when you restitched it, then there is no way it was some spare glued on as a replacement. The rear spine also fits perfectly, another indication that everything is legit.
Good point, the holes did line up.
Brian have you ever seen vulcan fiber painted like this before, I've searched and can't find another one like it. Other than making it so the stamps are visable I can't see why they would add this extra step.

Kevin

It has the correct AK Depot number for Baden, and the 170th was also Baden. Steve correctly pointed out that the 170th was Not Silver Trim, and Steve noted that we can see the neusilber grommets for the front plate, and the M95 side posts that are neusilber also.

Not sure why they would paint the inside of a vulcanfiber helmet with this tan color paint. I've seen several Depaheg patent vulcan fiber enlisted pattern helmets over the years, and have one in my collection, but I've never seen any vulcan fiber helmet painted tan inside, officer or enlisted pattern. Obviously the paint is old, since the AK "XIV" is stamped on top of the tan paint.

I have never seen a V fibre helmet painted like this but I have worked on leather officer helmets which were painted on the inside. I don’t think I have ever seen an OR’ Vulcan helmet before, they are always private purchase officers.

Back