Badener Hurra 1870-1871

Larmo

Hi Guys

I wanted to share this latest acquisition to the war-room. He was purchased at the recent Pomona Military Show and I am really happy with him (he doesn't eat much either, but beer.....). I'd been on the hunt for a heroic style statue of the era and he fits the bill spot on.

He's made of Spelter with a bronze finish and stands about 23 inches in height, artist signed on the base C.KEIL fec, and entitled 1870 HURRA 1871. The artist chose to depict a Baden infantryman advancing with drawn Faschinenmesser while stepping over a captured eagle. On his chest he wears the EK2.

For the sake of pickelhaube content I displayed him with our 1867 pattern Baden EM pickelhaube with a nice Baden medal bar. The helmet has a tiny Baden shield emblem stamped into the leather of the neck guard.

Hope you enjoy him..

Larry

baden2.jpg
baden5.jpg
baden4.jpg

baden3b.jpg
baden6.jpg

baden7.jpg

Thanks guys, glad you liked'em...

Ron I added some photos of the stamping, not the greatest, sorry. When you hold it in your hand you can see the top diagonal line within the shield, I think the flash washes it out a bit.

L

Wow, oh Wow!

Super Statue, Super Helmet, and Super Medal Bar, Larry!

I agree w/Joe, I'd love to have the statue too!

Congratulations on an incredible find!!! =D> \:D/

All the Best,

Alan Schaefer

Thanks guys, I'm really pleased that you all enjoyed it. Each of you add so much to this forum, I'm glad to be able to add something to the mix.

Joe & Alan you guys can't have this, no way :p :p :thumb up: :)

Sure liked that little cannon on the WAF Alan..

Larry

Larmo said:
Sure liked that little cannon on the WAF Alan..

Yeah, Alan can not whine about anything that anyone else has until he gives me that cannon:)
Do not let Joe give you too much crap either, he has a very nice statue himself.
Best
Gus

What an extremely nice group! Is it definitely spelter? If so, it's little short of a miracle that the flagstaff and the faschinenmesser blade have survived.

Hi Scratch

I wish it were bronze, but I don't think it's quite heavy enough, so I presumed it to be spelter. The lower portion of the flagstaff and the French eagle are removable. They are both threaded and come off easily for transport. :dontknow:

L

Back