Badenisches J.R. n.109 waffenrock

Zebedeus

Hi to all. Today i want post a mod. 1895 waffenrock of a NCO of J.R. n. 109
(1. Badisches Leib Grenadier Regiment). I hope it'll like you.
Next, I'll post some further pictures. Ciao, Giorgio

jr109baden22.jpg

jr109baden21ai.jpg

jr109baden25.jpg

jr109baden7.jpg

Very nice Giorgio, thanks for posting the photographs :thumb up: I have had a 109th tunic on my wish list for sometime, so far no luck, nice to see your example.

Larry

Thank you Larry for your kind appreciation. The 109th it's certainly a fascination target for a collector.
I complete the post with some further pictures of this waffenrock

jr109baden18.jpg

jr109baden9pic.jpg

jr109baden15pic.jpg

jr109baden11pic.jpg

I had not seen a private purchase tunic from this regiment, so I was somewhat surprised to see that the highly detailed crown on the shoulder boards looks nothing like the crown on issue tunics. Only the fact that it is a crown is the same..... otherwise they bear no resemblance to each other.

Chip

I confirm that the shoulderboards appears to be original to the rock and are not a resemblance. The crowns on the shoulderboards are lightly worn-out.
Ciao, Giorgio

Giorgio,

Sorry. Perhaps I did not explain myself very well. The shoulder boards on your tunic are fine. I was just commenting about how different they are when compared to an issue shoulder strap. What struck me is the detail that the tailor added to the somewhat plain crown that the issue straps display.

Best regards,
Chip

Thank you Chip. You explained yourself very well.
You must be patience with me and my poor english. Ciao, Giorgio

Giorgio,

Just to further explain the difference I was referring to, here are three issue examples of the Baden crown. Two are from the 109th and one from Leib-Dragoner Rgt.Nr.20.

Chip

Thank you Chip. As you told about, the difference between the issue shoulderboard' crowns in your photo and my example is clear. Giorgio

Tony without Kaiser said:
Beautiful. My favourite rank. As Chip said, the shoulder straps are amazing. So different than issued. You have a Pickelhaube?

Thank you Tony.
The NCO is my favourite rank also. It's so "rich"and at the same time based on the EM's dressing rules.
Yes, I have the matching pickelhaube. I post a image.
Ciao, Giorgio

jr109baden14.jpg

That is a beautiful tunic. I have one similar to this, but it is for a Unteroffizier EJF. I am looking for a Pickelhaube for purchase on it. Where did you get yours?

ostprussenmann

That is a beautiful tunic. I have one similar to this, but it is for a Unteroffizier EJF. I am looking for a Pickelhaube for purchase on it. Where did you get yours (tunic and pickelhaube)?

ostprussenmann

Back