Badly cast fakes...

ebeeby

These look like badly cast fakes to me (the EKII looks OK). My question is, other than seeing too many casting imperfections (seemingly something the Germans would not tolerate) how can you tell the fakes from the real ones in these totenkopf badges?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270798965854?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony without Kaiser said:
Original German anything are die struck. Not cast. Identical high details front and reverse.

Totally agree with that to a certain extent because what if the original Order or Decoration was made of Iron/Eisen then wouldn't it have to be from a cast? isnt that the only way of working with iron?

weirdpyramid said:
Totally agree with that to a certain extent because what if the original Order or Decoration was made of Iron/Eisen then wouldn't it have to be from a cast? isnt that the only way of working with iron?

Oh yes, EK cores are one of the few exceptions. Sand cast in some cases. I was more referring to Wappens, flight badges, etc Chris.

Back