Bavarian Bing helmet.

coert65

Hello guy's,

My latest addition, a Bavarian Bing helmet, which I bought from a forum member, via this forum. I am very happy with this helmet.
I just love ersatz helmets, usually the Bing helmets are dented, this one isn't. Here some pictures I took, some a bit blurry, need to buy a new phone.

And here some pictures of my collection so far.

My reference books had to find another place, they were on the bottom shelf before..
I also need to dust my helmets off, will do so later on. :D
I also bought a Baden M95, seen in the pictures of my collection, will post pics later on.

Have a nice weekend,

Greetings, Coert. :)

Nice looking helmet Coert and a very nice collection! Do you have all the German states now? I see most of them there. :bravo:

Beautiful helmet Coert!
Nice chinstrap. The chinstrap on mine has stretched out so it looks too long for the helmet.
Nice addition.

John :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Thank you all for the nice comments guy's! :thumb up:

I don't have all states yet Bob. But I would like to have M15's and M95's of all states. But you know, starting up collecting again since last year November with my Hessian M15, and ending this year with what you see here, I didn't do so bad.
You can say with certainty I have the haube virus.

Have a nice weekend all! :thumb up:

Greetings, Coert. :)

Hi Coert
congratulations for this very nice ersatz helmet.
your collection is growing up very fast!
all the best
verdun 16

Thanks Gianluca! :)

I am now looking for a nice M15 Bavarian to complete my collection. And a Wurt M15, but they are hard to find.
I had one before, should have never let that one go. But that's the way things go. No regrets though.

Have a nice sunday all of you !

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

coert65 said:
need to buy a new phone.

You could also buy a real camera and make your great collection justice. Cell phone cameras are okay but really not ideal for this. And some great cameras come now amazingly cheap...

Hi Coert,
Thanks for showing us your new acquisition and the other helmets you have in your collection. I never really appreciated the various ersatz pickelhauben produced prior to the M16 helmet.
Best regards,
John

Last edited:
Very nice Bing Brothers helmet and quite nicely marked.

I have one that is identical but marked as size 55. I don't collect Ersatz helmets but I wanted just one to show the attempts to use alternate materials. I think the Bing helmets are about the best example of the use of metal as a substitute for leather.

That's a very nice looking Bing helmet Coert, congratulations!

You have a very fine looking collection!

I love those M15's you have!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back