?Bavarian Clothing Depot Photo with stacks of brand new issue helmets

ww1czechlegion

Hello,

Here is a photo I found on the internet today.

It looks to show a Bavarian Clothing Depot group of workers.

"B I", "B II", or "B III"?

I would love to have the handful of chinstraps that the solder is holding underneath the back packs, the one who is sitting in the lower right front area of the photo. And I would like one brand new, mint condition Bavarian pickelhaube from the two stacks that the soldiers are holding.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Bavarian Clothing Depot photo from facebook.jpg

Absolutely GREAT photo. (y)

Looks like the Königlich Bayerisches Infanterie-Leib-Regiment and the 3. Prinz Karl by the boards which were both part of the I Royal Bavarian corps.

Many thanks for the positive Identification on the shoulder boards and corps. (y)

I wish that I owned this photo, but I simply found it posted on the internet.

Hello,

I would love to have the handful of chinstraps that the solder is holding underneath the back packs, the one who is sitting in the lower right front area of the photo. And I would like one brand new, mint condition Bavarian pickelhaube from the two stacks that the soldiers are holding.

Best Wishes,

Alan

View attachment 38617
Great photo
I am sure that none of these soldiers gave a thought to the fact
that years later we collectors would pay big prices for what they are holding
that soldier with the chin straps could make out big time IF he
could sell them on today's market.
Steve

I was fortunate to have purchased 1 of the 2 photo postcards from Joe Robinson a number of years ago at a S.O.S. show, which depicts a similar small group of soldiers from a clothing depot with some stacks of pickelhaubes. I'll have to see if I can dig it out and post it here. I think that Joe still has one of the images shown on his ?flickr photo hosting website, if I recall.

Great photo
I am sure that none of these soldiers gave a thought to the fact
that years later we collectors would pay big prices for what they are holding
that soldier with the chin straps could make out big time IF he
could sell them on today's market.
Steve

Yes, that is a very large handful of chinstraps, worth their weight in gold today.

Yes indeed great pic.
Back then I would hate to be the guy carrying the chin straps.
Constantly having to pick up the ones that drop on the ground in transport.
Thanks for sharing this great pic !

I really like these photos either showing pickelhauben manufacture or as in this case supply truppen with unissued kit. 👍

Hello,

Best Wishes,

Alan

View attachment 38617
Think these rather are men of a Regimental/Company "Kammer"-Quarter Master Warehouse.

Back