Bavarian fieldgrey medic officer cap, I/ K.B. JR3

argonne

Hi Gents,

Nothing spiky this time, but I could not resist :-"
It comes straight from the bavarian family, with picts and documents about the wearer, Oberarzt and Bataillon Arzt Dr Hans Westermaier, born 28.4.1887, died 01.10.1938.
He lost one leg at the Chemin des Dames, september 1917.

Enjoy the picts!

Philippe

Dr Westermaier, east front near Maslomencze (Poland), 18.7.1915:

Pict taken in the 20ies:

Dr Westermaier, a few years before he died:

Three citations in the bavarian "Ehrenbuch" (Thanks to Garde Ulan):

Dr Westermaiers personal acts:

Dr Westermaiers publication for his "Bayerischer Sanitäts-Orden 1ste Klasse":

And at least, Westermaiers obituary:

Lovely stuff.

Interestingly the 1st Class of the Bavarian Militär-Sanitäts-Orden became a neck order only in June 1918, previously worn on the medal bar.

The personal example awarded to Dr. Westermeier is shown in Arnhard Graf Klenau's "Orden in Deutschland und Österreich"' Band II.

Regards
Glenn

Glennj said:
The personal example awarded to Dr. Westermeier is shown in Arnhard Graf Klenau's "Orden in Deutschland und Österreich"' Band II.

Glenn

Thank you Gents for your kind comments!

Glenn, do you mean exactly Dr Westermaiers Orden is shown in this book? With a mention or a pict of Westermaier? Or this particular kind of neck medal?

I was a little bit surprised that an Oberarzt der Reserve could wear a cap without reserve cross on the bavarian cockade :eek:
The family is still owning the Pickelhaube (not to sell) and it´s also showing no reserve cross on the plate...Uncommon?

Philippe

PS: Brian, since a few weeks I have the same problem again with no notifications to my mail adress when a new reply is posted.... :( Could you or your son help me? :( Thanks!!

Philippe,

Exactly the same order attributed to Dr. Westermaier by name. I can scan the pages if you would like them.

Regards
Glenn

Glennj said:
Philippe,

Exactly the same order attributed to Dr. Westermaier by name. I can scan the pages if you would like them.

Regards
Glenn

Glenn,

It would be a pleasure if you could do that! :thumb up:
Thank you!

Philippe

Philippe....I will contact our tech support and see what is going on. I need to get this solved as I am not receiving new member notifications either when someone joins the forum.

Back