Bavarian Foot Artillery tunic and trousers

Mike,
It is difficult to tell from the photos, but it looks good to me, if it is real, you got a heck of a deal.
Bes tw3ishes
Gsu

Here are the photos of the tunic and trousers

783yb4.jpg

ab3rs0.jpg
be3vq7.jpg
1a3ek2.jpg

7b3iv1.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1833/bd3vr2.jpg[/img]

123jq9.jpg

413oz6.jpg

643so2.jpg

d13ly1.jpg

1b3cq1.jpg

Flash:
I think we all know who we have to hear from regarding this tunic and pants. I would gladly add it to my humble collection from what I can see!!! Brian

Mike:

I'm not sure who we all need to hear from, but the tunic and trousers look fine to me. They are what they have been stated to be: a private-purchase M-1907 waffenrock (with 1915 painted steel buttons ) for a gefreiter with the 4th Bavarian FAR. It appears that the trousers are in feldgrau, which is proper for Bavarians after 1914.

Dave

Hey Dave,
I think that Brian meant that we need to hear from Mike, as he is the one who will be able to see them first hand when they arrive, even if the tunic is fake and the trousers are real, he got a buy in my mind.
Gus

Sorry to keep you all waiting to hear from me...... What? It wasn't me you were waiting for? :cry: You mean.....it really wasn't me? :eek: :???: :?

Gents,

The uniform arrived today. As advertised, it is a Bavarian Gefreiter private purchase tunic and trousers in excellent condition and 100% original. Tightly woven wool like an officer's private purchase, with a cotton liner. It passes all tests including the UV light test. I am very happy with this purchase and I believe that I got quite a deal.

Mike

It's a field uniform. When these tunics were introduced in 1907, the Dunkelblau uniforms were still being used for walking out, church, etc... Its only when the field gray Friedensrock was introduced in 1915 (see here : http://home.scarlet.be/~tse02026/tablefriedensrockmodel1915.pdf) that a field gray walking out uniform was officially introduced.

You got a darn good deal!

I never see things like this on ebay. Lucky guy! :p

Back