Bavarian Helmet

bavarian.jpg

Hello Haubians:

Working on cataloging items for our upcoming sale, and I would love to get a second opinion on this one. I believe it is Bavarian Gendarmerie. Spike is smooth rather than fluted, has Lion head chinscale bosses, single Reichs cockade on the left side, convex chin scales, and has a nice officer style silk lining. Any thoughts in confirmation or contradiction of the standing diagnosis would be very much appreciated.

poniatowski said:
Nice looking helmet! Is the sale on line or local?

:D Ron

Online Ron - http://www.advanceguardmilitaria.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Working away on our 'November 2017' catalog, which should open some time in mid to late January 2018; just in time to mess up SOS for Gus. ;)
Should be a decent sale for WWI items; several Imperial uniforms, some nice accouterments, nice US WWI groupings and uniforms, and (quite uncharacteristically for us) a lot of WWII German material this time.

We are also processing a giant collection of trench art for this one; will likely be broken up into the next 3-4 sales due to the volume. It is Jane Kimball's collection, to my profound regret - it arrived here for the same reason that many collections come on the market these days; Jane is no longer among us. As excited as I am to handle this material, I would very much rather that it was still in her display, with Jane healthy, happy, and enjoying it for herself.

Back