Bavarian helmet

PawelGPysz.

Hello. I was interested in this helmet, but I have some doubts so please help. Should he have Kokarden? Is this chin strap suitable? It seems to be too big, as if from another helmet and has certainly been reconstructed. And, is the padding right for this type of helmet?
Kind regards, Paweł.20230615_092909.jpg20230615_092919.jpg20230615_092947.jpg20230615_092954.jpg20230615_093009.jpgbawaria.jpg

Hello Pavel,
I will take a stab at your questions. However, I recommend you check out Tony's examples on his website.

https://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/helmets/

Except for the large chinscales, you have posted pictures of a Bavarian OR Pickelhaube that would have been issued to an enlisted man serving in a Bavarian Cavalry, Artillery, or Train formation up to 1916. In 1916 Bavarian Artillery Units began using the Keggel instead of the spike on their pickelhaube. Is there any unit marking inside the helmet or the back visor? Regarding kokarden, there should be a national one on the right side (red, white, and black and a Bavarian (white, blue, and white) on the left.

Best regards,
John

Those chin scales do not belong on your helmet.
They belong on a metal mounted helmet.
They are actually quite hard to find if you were looking for a set !

Thank you gentlemen, I wanted to make sure about a few elements, Tony's website of course I visit. The scales are from a different helmet, and kokarden, if it was only Bavarian, is probably also good. There are no unit markings.
Best regards.

Back