Bavarian Officers

Perry

What are the thoughts on this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6620268156&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Nce looking helmet that has been reworked. Liner skullcap seems new. OR reiches cockade, would someone please tell me what color the chinscales are?

M15 top with standard rosettes. I have one of those.

Now the corpus. Looks good -- real good. Maybe too good. Is it fibre? There is no mention of it but the maker's mark
patent.jpg

I thought only did fibre helmets????? I would want to look at the back of the wappen.
How is that for a mouthful? :sunny:

I kinda liked the helmet myself, so I asked the seller.
All the furniture is silvered (including the chinscales) and the body is Fiber (so the liner/sweatband could be original to the helmet).
The Kokardes sure look EM.
That said, it is kinda showy.
What do the experts think it's worth??
$1400 - $1500??

I have the same helmet of the Bavarian Life Guard regiment in the Depahag Patent fiber body courtesy of Herr Weitze in Hamburg. It is, however, a one year volunteer (OYV) and as such has the OR posts, chinscales and as would be appropriate for a OYV, OR cockades. The shape, silk liner, and leather sweatband on mine are in similarly pristine condition. The one things I do note about the ebay helmet is that the OR cockades just look too good. Replacements? It would probably be worth it to ask the seller. As for price, forgetting the cockades for a minute, in my humble opinion (IMHO) you are talking well in excess of $2,000. Maybe closer to $3,000.

Bill let's see your OYV! We have seen many Bavarian OYV conversions lately. Really interested in what Weitze said about it. The cruciform / round change out in a fibre might be interesting. Visor too!

Dear Joe:
Pictures? Gladly, except that I am a little unsure how to post them here. I know mention is made of a third party site but I don't know if I really have the time for all that.
Do you have an email address you would feel comfortable having me send my pictures to? Then you have my permission to post them here as an aide to our fellow collectors. Does this sound like a plan?
I have bought a number of helmets from Herr Weitze over the past six or seven years. This one was on his site and I acquired it probably three or more years ago. So, while it was expensive it hasn't been subject to the kind of price inflation we are seeing at auction, through dealers, and on now on ebay.

Best wishes,

Bill - Zorndorf

Well the guy won't send close up pictures of anything plus the added fact of a no return policy..

Mikey I think it is too white to be a silver ring. If he won't send other pics.....

I think the only reason for an OR cockade is a put together item. My opinion.

spikeymikey said:
Why do you Guy's think these are EM cockades? I think they are single ring Unteroffizier?

I checked with the seller when it was listed and he claimed that they were the proper officer's kokardes. I think the helmet was/is legit and the dealer seems to have a good feedback record.
:)

Hey Guys,

I was the high bidder on this the last time the guy had it listed..... and he would never give me a 'for sale' price......

However.. it looks like Chas is trying to set the 'high value' on these.. as I never would have thought that it would have gone over the $1800 mark as the top end :eek:

Cheers
Mark

Back