Bavarian

Mike H

This Bavarian helmet just came in today and by the same company … M. Koltsch in Munich … that made a gorgeous Chevaulegers uniform I bought at Show of Shows. Normally I collect excellent to mint condition but the aging and toning of this piece really appealed to me and it also being untouched.

Attachments

• DSC_4005.jpeg
    DSC_4005.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_4007.jpeg
    DSC_4007.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_4010.jpeg
    DSC_4010.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_4012.jpeg
    DSC_4012.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
This Bavarian helmet just came in today and by the same company … Koltsch in Munich … that made a gorgeous Chevaulegers uniform I bought at Show of Shows. Normally I collect excellent to mint condition but the aging and toning of this piece really appealed to me and it also being untouched.
Mike
Very nice
Thanks for the photos
Steve

This Bavarian helmet just came in today and by the same company … Koltsch in Munich … that made a gorgeous Chevaulegers uniform I bought at Show of Shows. Normally I collect excellent to mint condition but the aging and toning of this piece really appealed to me and it also being untouched.
Mike
I agree with John Josef
I was going to post and ask you to set up the Tunic and
both helmets in one photo for all of to see when you have the time
you can show the tailors label in the tunic
and the helmet makers label for the same firm
that will make a good post for all to see
Thanks
Steve

The ashtray is of Nuremberg. Scenes of various landmarks -- before they were destroyed in WWII. I have been to Nuremberg, though the rebuilt buildings are nothing like their pre-war versions.

A picture of my Chevaulegers uniform with Pickelhaube -- though this is not the helmet that I started the thread with.
Great. I like the Chevaulegers a lot.

What kind of red are the cuffs? Carmine red would be Chev. 1 (Nuremberg) - red would be Chev. 5 (Saargmünd)

My all time favourite is Chev. 6 (Bayreuth)

Best wishes

GardeUlan

Attachments

• 9BDF8204-AF03-4CD1-93CC-7E1314904540.jpeg
    9BDF8204-AF03-4CD1-93CC-7E1314904540.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 14
Back