BAYER RAUPENHELM BÜRGERWEHR

Ryanpyc

Hi everyoneToday my BAYER RAUPENHELM BÜRGERWEHR MANNSCHAFTEN UND UNTEROFFIZIERE 1848 arrived, it was one of my favorite helmets with the Bavarian cuirassier that I'm looking for.
The shell is in excellent condition and has a very thick and consistent skin, the non-metallic crest and wappen have lost their patina and I will have them restored.
I love crests
Sorry for the photos, I'm not a great photographer
greetings
Rino

Attachments

• Elmo Burgerwehr sottufficiale fronte.jpg
    Elmo Burgerwehr sottufficiale fronte.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Elmo Burgerwehr sottufficiale lato.jpg
    Elmo Burgerwehr sottufficiale lato.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 19
Nice helmet. I like how it looks now. Do you mean you are going to have those parts made shiny? Obviously a personal choice if you are.

Hi, I don't want to make it shine but to make it return to how it was originally with a silver patina or similar not shiny shine, I'll post photos of how I would like it to look.
I prefer the helmets as they were originally and as the soldiers of the time would have worn at the risk of harsh punishments if they were out of order (apart from the war period),
I know I have no followers but I don't appreciate seeing a work of ruined art (personal opinion)
Greetings

Attachments

• Kavallerie_Helm_M1849.jpeg
    Kavallerie_Helm_M1849.jpeg
    674.8 KB · Views: 10
Hi, I don't want to make it shine but to make it return to how it was originally with a silver patina or similar not shiny shine, I'll post photos of how I would like it to look.
I prefer the helmets as they were originally and as the soldiers of the time would have worn at the risk of harsh punishments if they were out of order (apart from the war period),
I know I have no followers but I don't appreciate seeing a work of ruined art (personal opinion)
Greetings
I agree, especially for officer's helmets, customs helmets, police helmets, administrative helmets, doctor's helmets, pharmacist's helmets, etc., which were uniform and ceremonial helmets, not "combat helmets".

Greetings
Thanks. I misunderstood.

It will look great when you fix it I am sure.

Back