Bayerische Reserve Pickelhaube

DPW

Does anyone have any information on the 6th Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment? I picked up a nice M-97 Pickelhaube, Reserve Wappen, stamped 6 I.R., made by the firm of Hans Romer, Neu-Ulm, 1913. Any info of interest.

Thanks,

Denton

Denton

This sounds like a great find but we really need pictures! Actually I'm begging this six infantry Regiment from Bavaria Mark for the communal list.

Now let me throw some smoke on a clear picture. What makes you think this is sixth Bavarian reserve infantry Regiment when it sounds like the stamp is for the six Bavarian infantry Regiment? that helmet clearly could've been used in a reserve component unit during the war but it also could be used for an Ubung unit resource by the six infantry Regiment before the war. Pictures? Any issue dates? I love this line of questioning! :) :) [/list]

Yes, I think I was a bit absent minded there. It would I should think be a helmet where the man transferred to the reserve (Reserve Wappen fitted) but the helmet was not re-stamped, still has the regular regiment stamp. Or of course the Wappen was fitted later by someone. There is another long box-like stamp but not clear enough to make out. Ends with what looks like '14'.

Back