Beautiful Items From Mohawk Arms

3littleweasels

Hello Friends & Collectors,
Massive auction with beautiful items from Mohawk Arms(upstate NY-run by Mr. Ray Zyla)-#6570760990. Check out all his auctions. I have dealt with this company for almost 20 years and only have good things to say!-King Weasel

Hi King,
I love childrens uniforms and all related. I'm posting a photo of my grand father and his brothers.

From left to right: G.uncle Ludwig, my grand father Johannes, g.uncle Max and g.uncle Friedrich.

Otto

3littleweasels said:
//I have dealt with this company for almost 20 years and only have good things to say!//

(Scoff) Only 20 years? Rookie! Check out this link to my first helmet which I bought from Ray in 1976.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108440

But yes, you and I both. Great guy, I can point out 20 of my best Pickelhaubes that I bought from him over the years. T

Hey Otto,
Great pic-I too have a soft spot for the Childrens items-I,ve been dressing the weasels up ever since they have been able to crawl-Alan

Hi Weisel.
There are some nice items there, but I have a policy to not give business to an auction company that charges a bidder's fee. It is a weisel (forgive the use of the term) way to get people to pay more than they plan. In the west, no reputable auctioneer would stoop so low.
Best wihses
Gsu

In the west, no reputable auctioneer would stoop so low.

I don't know where you get that from Gustaf. All Auction houses in the UK charge a 10/15% buyers and sellers fee on the items that go through their hands. Thats how they make their money.

But like you, it something that gets my back up and I would rather find the item I want through other means.

Hi Gus:

I don't like paying an auction house commission any more than you, but it's a fact of life. All of Mohawk's items are consignment pieces. Ray Zyla has to recruit, appraise, catalogue, photograph, advertise, insure, etc. There is also the overhead of the auction venue in Bouckville, NY to be considered. Remember, the consignors also pay a commission (perhaps they should pay the whole amount). Ray and his staff have to earn a living somehow.

I will be in attendance. For the first time, it will be a two day auction. I spoke with Ray at the Bouckville Antiques Fair in August and he said the bumper of Imperial artifacts was going to be impressive.

Chas.

P.S.

The subject of my avatar was purchased from Mohawk as an unsold lot at the SOS. Unsold lots may also be purchased post auction for a reduced premium.

Mike Huxley said:

I don't know where you get that from Gustaf. All Auction houses in the UK charge a 10/15% buyers and sellers fee on the items that go through their hands. Thats how they make their money.

But like you, it something that gets my back up and I would rather find the item I want through other means.

In Brazil,15-20%!
Otto

Either he is talking about the western side of the universe, near his home planet. Or possibly he is talking about the wild West, where they auction off pigs and goats and bunches of potatoes. Wait until the big earthquake comes in California, and all the auctioneers move to Idaho. You'll be paying a buyer fee, but your farm will be oceanfront property!

joerookery said:
Or possibly he is talking about the wild West, where they auction off pigs and goats and bunches of potatoes.

Oh-my GAWD was that funny Joe! I just about fell of my chair laughing.I am sure that Gus will apprecaite the humour. Brilliant!

Ha ha joe, you thought you were being funny, but you hit the nail on the head. Here an auctioneer gets between 6%-15%, but it is taken from the end price, not added on, The eastern auction houses charge both the seller and the buyer, makeing the "bite" seem less to both parties. The thing that irks me, is that you need to hava a calculator to bid, by the time you figure bidders fees, taxes ect. the final ammount is nowhere near the bid. By the way, Joe, there are a few kalifornia auctioneers in the west, and they do not seem to hang around. When I buy a pig or a sack of potatoes, I write the check for the amount that I bid (farm stuff is exempt in many cases from sales taxes).
So there
Gus

Hey Chas,
I forgot to mention, I understand that the auction company has to make a profit, father is in the process of setting up an auction to sell all his farm equipment (for Joe, my brother in law wanted to sell his goat, but father will not let him). The auction gets a percentage of the total sales, they charge us for the advertizing and prep work, the buyers pay what they bid. It is real easy for me to stick to my guns on this one, as I do not have the money to buy anything anyway (if I was not saving for the SOS trip, I would quickly forget my scruples, cuz , damn there is some nice stuff).
Best wihses
Gsu

Back