Belgian uniform model 1915 11th artillerie regiment

Since i was reorganizing my collection room and i needed a break from that, i tought i would take some pictures of 1 of my Belgian ww1 uniforms.

The trousers are dated november 1917 and were made in England. Unfortunately i can't find the label on them.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

I got 5 Belgian m1915 tunics, but this is the best one i have. There is absolutely no damage on the tunic and trousers.

I bought the tunic some 15 years ago at a market and the seller told me he found 2 uniforms (trousers and tunics) in a locker during a houseclearence. He had sold the other set the week before and the trousers of this set was sold that same day.

So you can imagine how disappointed i was, but i started asking around who had bought the trousers and after a while i found the person who had them. He had bought the trousers so he could wear them when he would ride his horses, luckely i could convince him to sell me the trousers before he had the chance to use them.

Some years later i found out where the other set was, but the collector didn't wanted to sell it. That set has a red "V" on the shoulder straps. I keep hoping the other collector decides to sell me the other set so both uniforms can be together again.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Sutch a shame when you would use a trousers that old to ride a horse when there are new trousers available in the shops ,strange thinking if you ask me #-o
I hope for you when you put efort in it you can convince the other guy to sell the uniform to you , keep them fingers crossed

Jonas

It should have been a shame using these ww1 trousers for riding horse, but i think he tought they were just cheap. When i bought the trousers, he just asked the money back he payed, which was €20.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

These uniforms are also rare in Belgium and they're very sought after. Luckily for me i own a few tunics are trousers, because now it would be almost impossible to collect these.

In the 70's and 80's it was alot different, in those days nobody wanted to collect Belgian militaria. Maybe alot of stuff was thrown away during that period.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

It sure is a rare piece, in the Netherlands, next-door neighbour of Belgium you just don't find nice uniforms like these..
I've been searching for at least 6 years to find my Belgian M15. And that's just the helmet, let alone a beautiful preserved uniform like this.

Thanks for posting this! :thumb up:

Greetings, Coert.

The Belgian stuff has become so rare and sought after, that most pieces just dont come on the market. You barely see uniforms like this on a militaria show. Last tunic i saw for sale on a militaria fair was priced higher then the german ww1 feldrock next to it.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Back