Belt Buckle

olpan

Newest purchase. A tabbed and manufacturer stamped belt buckle, not all that exciting but I am just starting to rebuild my Imperial collection after selling all of it back in the 90's.

3174b_med (1).jpeg
3174c_med.jpeg
3174d_med.jpeg

I started my Imperial German collection with a belt buckle and second class Iron Cross, paid $1.25 for both, the last buckle I picked up set me back $225. Be careful it is addictive. BTW - nice buckle.

Thanks all. As much as I like the big ticket items these more common smaller items are still just as interesting to me.

I've always loved these field buckles. I like the patina especially on this one. Helmets are great but there's nothing that connects you more to an actual soldier than the object marked by the imperial crown and battle motto for the act of putting on your trousers and harnessing up your gear every morning.

Nacuaa said:
I've always loved these field buckles. I like the patina especially on this one. Helmets are great but there's nothing that connects you more to an actual soldier than the object marked by the imperial crown and battle motto for the act of putting on your trousers and harnessing up your gear every morning.

It was the patina and the tab that got my attention, yes it certainly does give you that connection, being something that would have been worn daily and also being a central part of essential kit.

Back