Bigger than your average Landsturmmann

fat%20landsturm.jpg

Smashing pic Joe! Can you make out those collar dogs?

I have a guy colourising my pictures - just for kicks and giggles, what do you think?

4830495820_e5ca7b6402_b.jpg

I like seing photo where the soldiers are wearing their trousers like men rather than dudes.

Can you make out those collar dogs?

yes actually I can! This one is from the first Bavarian Army Corps.
1 B

one of the great gifts my wife has given me over the years is this wonderful magnifying light. Apparently it is used for people who do embroidery and I find it better than increasing the size digitally. Low tech but I love it. So we should be able to look this unit up and find out where the good restaurants are.

I don't know what to think about color–nice but almost unreal. Have you found occasions where the colors are just grossly wrong?

For those of you who live in Idaho you should just be grateful that they have pants on.

drakegoodman said:

I have a guy colourising my pictures - just for kicks and giggles, what do you think?

Personally, I love seeing colorized photos. There's a fellow on another forum who's posted several photos he's colorized, mostly WW2, but he did have one great photo of Kaiser Wilhelm II in a hussar uniform. They are all absolutely fantastic.

joerookery said:
For those of you who live in Idaho you should just be grateful that they have pants on.
I am unsure of the meaning of this comment:)
kiwi.jpg

Liongules said:
drakegoodman said:

Personally, I love seeing colorized photos. There's a fellow on another forum who's posted several photos he's colorized, mostly WW2, but he did have one great photo of Kaiser Wilhelm II in a hussar uniform. They are all absolutely fantastic.

I like it, too! Want to jump right into the pictures and shake the hands of those guys. BUT in the end I prefer the original...

Well, at least the "big guys" were allowed to serve their country. In today's US Army, if you're over a certain weight limit, you're unfit for service.

True Mike and in the Air Force there was no allowance as women aged. Always a challenge to "make weight."

Back