Birthday present for my self

garder

Hi

I just turned 30 today and yesterday this arrived in the post for me.

It´s an interims attila for an officer in Husaren regiment No. 17. As you can see the officer boards are missing but overall I am very happy with the condition. Now I just need some boards to restore it.

p1010002nv.jpg

p1010005mx.jpg

p1010007lk.jpg

Congrats! Nice piece. Happy B Day. I suspect your quest for boards may take some time. However, at 30 you have years of collecting ahead of you!

Congratulations with your find and happy birthday. And indeed its good to know that are more 30 somethingers here/

Regards,

Edwin

Super! Happy Birthday!

It's always amazing how slim these guys were (Judging from the maniquin / form)

:D Ron

Happy B-Day indeed and quite an entrance you make here!

I was 30 myself almost 9 years ago... And speaking of B-Days, mine is in 4 days from now.

So here's my top 5 gift wish list in decremental order of preference:
1. Any German Ostasiatisches Tropenhelm
2. Any German Ostasiatisches Pickelhaube
3. Jessica Biel (preferably wearing Gift Nr.1 or 2)
4. That damn M15 Kurassier with Large Cockades I still haven't found (Lachmann preferred)
5. Full option authentic M16/18 Camo. Stahlhelm

Will start taking donations as of today! All foreign currencies accepted; CAD, USD or EUR preferred... (started with the Loonie out of pure patriotism :cool: )

Thanks Chris!
Would settle for Jessica ALBA however she'd need to show-up with both 1. AND 2...

I was 30 years old:...20 years (and 30 pounds ago). :cool:
Still trying to convince the missus that I NEED a fine Mod 1905 Mannsch Jäger zu Pferde helmet....
Francis

Khukri said:
Still trying to convince the missus that I NEED a fine Mod 1905 Mannsch Jäger zu Pferde helmet....
Francis

The question really is how have you got by without one for so long...

Cheers
Chris

Hi

I am looking for some replacement shoulderboards for my attila. Would these be correct:

http://www.derrittmeister.com/productpages/23212.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are for a prussian regiment. Did the Braunsweig husaren regiment use the same kind of shoulderboards as the prussian regiments. What I mean is, is the black "cords" among the silver correct for a braunsweig regiment. I know that the Saxon regiments had green "cords" in there shoulderboards but I can find no mention of any special colours for Braunschweig regiments. This makes me believe that they used black, just like the prusian.

I hope you understand my qustion, and that someone can help me.

Kind regards

Back