Book on the German IX Army's use of gas on the Eastern Front

drakegoodman

Ataki gazowe w bitwie pozycyjnej 9. Armii Niemieckiej nad Rawką i Bzurą 1914-1915

Ataki gazowe w bitwie pozycyjnej 9. Armii Niemieckiej nad Rawką i Bzurą 1914-1915 by drakegoodman, on Flickr

A plug for my friend Stanislaw Kaliński's new book about the German IX Armee's use of poisonous gases against the Russian forces in Poland during the Great War.

This is a Polish text book but filled with photographs captioned in Polish AND English. Yes, some of them mine :) Stanislaw also caters for us non-Polish speakers with a comprehensive summary towards the end of the book. (A full English text edition, sadly is a looooong way off).

"Between December 1914 and July 1915, the Ninth German Army used poisonous gases and lachrymatory agents against the Russians at Rawka and Bzura Rivers in Poland. This clash may be called the Battle of Ypres on the eastern front, due to the similarities between the campaigns. As in Belgium, both sides occupied strongly fortified positions and were unable to break through enemy lines to achieve victory".

So far, available only from a few outlets including this one.

For those with Flickr accounts, Stanislaw does by the name of "Gaspionier".

At 31 Zloty, that is cheap, but what does it cost to ship form Poland, and what is the exchange rate now, the last time I was there, you could get 3,000 Zloty for a buck (but that was on the black market, the official exchange rate was 300 zl to the $) :)
Best
Gus

The exchange rate now is 2.99 pln per dolar. Shipping rate from Poland is 25- 30 pln (to the US, or Australia, 25-its regular mail), around 15-20 pln to Europe.

Heres the link to the another bookshop, english speaking and visa accepting :
http://historyton.pl/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12760, order by mail, clicking on GB flag.

Best Regards
Sturmangriff

Back