Braunschweig Husaren Regiment nr 17 Enlisted

Bruno: Busbies are new for me and those informations are very helpful. Could you please explain the differences between the fieldsigns pre/post 1897? I thought the EM always wore black and white fieldsigns.
Thank you in advance.

Bruno: Busbies are new for me and those informations are very helpful. Could you please explain the differences between the fieldsigns pre/post 1897? I thought the EM always wore black and white fieldsigns.
Thank you in advance.
Hi Sandy, HR17 wore the black and white Prussian feldabzeichen until 1897 when they changed to use the blue and yellow Braunschweig colors. Saxon Hussars had green and white feldabzeichen.

Thank you in advance.
This only applied to Braunschweig: Cpt Bob explained accurately that their Husaren recovered the blue/yellow Feldzeichen in 1897. In fact, they used to sport it earlier, till they were integrated in the Prussian army in 1886, and hence adopted the black/white Prussian Feldzeichen for over 10 years. I supposed this also applied to cockades on Braunschweig spike helmets.

Back