Braunschweiger Rgt. 92 Haube

weirdpyramid

What do you guys think about this one? the liner, chinstrap and missing kokarden is a little distracting for me but with the stamps, proper Landwehr wappen and reserve eagle it is interesting. Whats the opinion?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/300811107944?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I understand your dilemma here because the markings are awesome and match the plate. However, the Brunswick state cockade and chinstrap look a bit too new to me, which makes me question their authenticity. Furthermore, its indeed a pity that the liner is in quite a bad shape, but this would not bother me too much for this rare helmet if all the other things are kosher.

Best regards and I hope that this was helpful,

Edwin

hello,

The eagle is ill soldered on the back, and it does match this helmet. (I missed the "not" : It does not match

... And the center is a well-knowned copy.

Left, a good one, right a copy.

The good center is one part made, the copy twice (cross soldered) ;

look at the horse's tail, and the little "bowls" at each spike of the star.

RIR81 was also not a reserve unit of the IR92.... [-X
Only II Bataillon RIR73, Stab and II Bataillon RIR78 and further III Bataillon LIR74 and II Bataillon LIR78. To find such stamps on this helmet would have been very great....But no other stamps....

Philippe

...and obviously, the loops at the back of the eagle have been resoldered....The eagle is also a reserve Linien-Adler pattern too...it has a reserve cross soldered on its chest. Reserve Adler of the IR92 always have a blank chest, because the reserve cross is always fixed under the Braunschweig Wappen.
Great red flags...This seller often sells "curious" Hauben too....

Philippe

argonne said:
...and obviously, the loops at the back of the eagle have been resoldered....The eagle is also a reserve Linien-Adler pattern too...it has a reserve cross soldered on its chest. Reserve Adler of the IR92 always have a blank chest,

ahhh, those pictures were not posted when I originally was looking at this auction.

so basically, a upgraded parts helmet with some good stamps. too bad.

. Reserve Adler of the IR92 always have a blank chest, because the reserve cross is always fixed under the Braunschweig Wappen.

I think these reserve eagles show a cross place on the back, but the center is only hold with two vertical screws; here, we can see four holes, and two have been blocked by welding.

JR92 said:
I think these reserve eagles show a cross place on the back,
I don´t think so. they only have a blank chest with feathers!
JR92 said:
but the center is only hold with two vertical screws; here, we can see four holes, and two have been blocked by welding.
There are three "holes" one can see. These are the solder points of the reserve cross on the chest of this classic Linien Adler, which is not fitting a IR92 helmet nor a Braunschweig RIR or LIR unit Haube . The fourth point at the top has been drilled to fix the top screw of the fake horse wappen....
Philippe

OK, but what is the advantage of a reserve cross placed on the chest, if it can´t be seen, if it is anyway covered by the Braunschweig Wappen and if the regular reserve cross is always placed at the bottom of the eagle under the wappen? I can´t see any sense.
Only a very few helmet makers manufactured the special active wappen with the "Fuerst" Bandeau and without the FR on the chest. I think there was no problem for them to make the same wappen without bandeau??? Or did they really use the classic Reserve Linien Adler but without the silver cross in its hollow???
Maybe some other collectors on this forum (Karel or Bruno) are able to clarify this with their own pieces??
Philippe

I can´t see any sense.

I apologize for writing nonsense, I am debiting and have only little knowledge

Maybe some other collectors on this forum (Karel or Bruno) are able to clarify this with their own pieces??

You are right, let's wait for better advices.

JR92 said:
I apologize for writing nonsense, I am debiting and have only little knowledge

Pardonnez moi, Cher Monsieur, je ne remets absolument pas Votre connaissance en cause dans cette matière...loin de là, croyez moi. Le " non sens" ne se rapportait pas à Votre savoir qui n´est indubitablement pas aussi "little" que Vous l´écrivez si modestement, et ce qui est tout à Votre honneur. Le "non sens" se rapportait au fait de placer une croix de réserve sur le torse d´un aigle, étant ensuite dissimulée par les armoiries, sachant que les prussiens étaient les "mètres-étalons" de l´économie. J´ai maintenant compris que Vous vouliez dire "un emplacement vide"pour la croix (cross place). J´avais en tête la photo de l´arrière de l´aigle du casque sur lequel nous débattons dans ce sujet. Et celui ci a une croix de réserve dans cet "emplacement". Vos nombreuses photos appuient naturellement Votre thèse, mais je me demande tout de même si il existe aussi des aigles de réserve du Brunswick sans cette concavité pour la croix???
Nichts für Ungut!! :eek:ccasion5:
Philippe

scan4hw.jpg

argonne said:
OK, but what is the advantage of a reserve cross placed on the chest, if it can´t be seen, if it is anyway covered by the Braunschweig Wappen and if the regular reserve cross is always placed at the bottom of the eagle under the wappen? I can´t see any sense.
Only a very few helmet makers manufactured the special active wappen with the "Fuerst" Bandeau and without the FR on the chest. I think there was no problem for them to make the same wappen without bandeau??? Or did they really use the classic Reserve Linien Adler but without the silver cross in its hollow???
Philippe

Impressive collection of Braunschweig plates, JR92!
Philippe, as of your question, the only reserve JR92 helmet I own is an officer's (plate with the horse). The eagle has no scroll. From behind one can see the FR cypher (of course invisible from the front) but no pre-formed space for a reserve cross.

Bruno

911car said:
Philippe, as of your question, the only reserve JR92 helmet I own is an officer's (plate with the horse). The eagle has no scroll. From behind one can see the FR cypher (of course invisible from the front) but no pre-formed space for a reserve cross.

Hi Bruno,
Thank you for this very very interesting precision!! It´s confirming the fact, that the manufacturers obviously used the classic prussian reserve Linien Adler Wappen to fit underneath the skull or the horse of the JR92, with pre-formed space for a reserve cross (Mannschaft) and with the FR cypher without scroll (officer). I never though that a reserve officer in that unit wore a FR under the wappen!!! Yes, prussian economic efficiency. :D
Bruno, could you please post a pict of that? [-o<

Philippe

JR92 said:
... And the center is a well-knowned copy.

Left, a good one, right a copy.

The good center is one part made, the copy twice (cross soldered) ;

look at the horse's tail, and the little "bowls" at each spike of the star.

This is a good example and if you look at the replica on the right, you can see two 'boogers' from bubbles in the mold at the top of the scepter. The helmet on ebay matches this exactly.

:D Ron

JR92... I personally would like to see more 'proof'... in other words, more beautiful photos! :) By the way, I like your 'junk drawer'. :wink:

:D Ron

Back