British collection

not a small paradise at all, I like the metal victorian Cavalry helmets a lot
I kind of miss a Victorian Tschapka in your collection, but I see some front plates of them don't I?

very impressive and beautiful! and beautifully display

very recognizable the way you describe collection over the years, I also started collecting at a young age and without resources, thus buying anything affordable / within reach of very limited budget, regardless of condition.
then a pauze when starting professional live and the children were young and restarting again with some more financial possibilities and a far more selective perspective.

Nowadays I try to buy one beautiful item a year, and some smaller purchases during the year.
But I still cherish some cheap items I purchased when I was young.
Hi Michiel,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, officer plates for 5th Lancers and 17th Lancers. Officer plates are very attractive- very detailed and ornate. I dId have a 16th Lancers trooper’s tschapka and a number of troopers’ plates but I moved them on to fund new purchases. Collectors‘ churn!

Patrick

Fascinating, very impressive displays which reminds me of my childhood,
while my father took me out visiting British/Scottish collectors.
Not my cup of tee but still have some British items which
I required some 30 years ago and never have been displayed since.

Bregards
Marty

Ps: Rory Gallagher – LP Live in Europe(y)

Attachments

• Brit_Shelve.jpg
    Brit_Shelve.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • Pouch_Kartuschkast1.jpg
    Pouch_Kartuschkast1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • Pouch_Kartuschkast2.jpg
    Pouch_Kartuschkast2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 21

Bregards
Marty

Thanks Marty,

These are very nice pouches. I don’t know what the one with the Royal cypher and oak leaves is - possibly South Notts Hussars? I’ll have to do some research.

I have that LP. His live performance recordings are great. Apart from being an exceptional guitarist, he seems to have been a very nice, humble guy.

Any other British pieces? I can’t see a regiment name on the plaid brooch, but I’m guessing it’s Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.

Patrick

Thanks Marty,

These are very nice pouches. I don’t know what the one with the Royal cypher and oak leaves is - possibly South Notts Hussars? I’ll have to do some research.

I have that LP. His live performance recordings are great. Apart from being an exceptional guitarist, he seems to have been a very nice, humble guy.

Any other British pieces? I can’t see a regiment name on the plaid brooch, but I’m guessing it’s Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.

Patrick
Hi Patrick, (& likes)
Thank you for yr appreciation and help.
Sorry for the pictures but,
*Royal Cypher = King Edward VII
*Plaid Brooch, correct Patrick, see picture.

QT
Any other British pieces?
UQT

and (as I recall well) 2 Kings and one Queen buckle(s)
but forgot detail about the belts - see picture

*A picture frame of Major George S.M. Burton - O.B.E. MC. - The Black Watch.
I remember having seen the same huge and beautiful Black Watch sporran in the flesh, must be priceless at the present day.

That's all :)!

Bregards,
Marty

Attachments

• IMG_20230220_191717.jpg
    IMG_20230220_191717.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • P1130741.JPG
    P1130741.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
Nice Victorian collections! Another complicated and professionalised area of collecting.
I only have one uniform group from the Victorian Era, this group belonged to Honorary Lieutenant-Colonel of Royal Artillery George Hampson Morrison, included almost everything.

Best regards,
Jvpi

C00E02DB-BCDA-4E7C-81FD-50BE08725657 2.jpg

Bregards
Marty

Nice Victorian collections! Another complicated and professionalised area of collecting.
I only have one uniform group from the Victorian Era, this group belonged to Honorary Lieutenant-Colonel of Royal Artillery George Hampson Morrison, included almost everything.

Best regards,
Jvpi

View attachment 30023
That is an amazing grouping! The condition of everything looks fabulous. Thanks for posting it.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, (& likes)
Thank you for yr appreciation and help.
Sorry for the pictures but,
*Royal Cypher = King Edward VII
*Plaid Brooch, correct Patrick, see picture.

QT
Any other British pieces?
UQT

and (as I recall well) 2 Kings and one Queen buckle(s)
but forgot detail about the belts - see picture

*A picture frame of Major George S.M. Burton - O.B.E. MC. - The Black Watch.
I remember having seen the same huge and beautiful Black Watch sporran in the flesh, must be priceless at the present day.

That's all :)!

Bregards,
Marty
Thanks Marty,

Think the royal cypher pouch may be Norfolk Yeomanry, but I’m finding it difficult to get information. I know nothing about sporrans but, if you’re interested, Allied and Axis Militaria often sell them, and have a heavy emphasis on Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Items

Patrick

All I can say is wow :oops: absolutely stunning additions in beautiful condition.

Congratulations (y)(y)

Thanks for sharing, its always interesting to see your incredible collection. I've never seen a mixture of red and white horse hair like that it really looks cool. regards John Josef

Some more items from the collection. These are some of my Victorian officer helmet plates for the home service helmet. The gilt ones are for regular units and the silver ones are for volunteer battalions. Quite a few of these were acquired this year, so it's been a good collecting year, after a famine last year. The quality of the photos is not great I'm afraid. Not much natural light here in Scotland the day before the solstice.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.20231221_120007.jpg20231221_140143.jpg20231221_120216.jpg

Wow Patrick - those are things of beauty. Marvelous pieces!
Thanks, Jeff. I love the heraldry, and there’s a story behind all these central devices. These plates are not easy to find, particularly in good condition. Like most collectors, I enjoy the hunt and enjoy owning them, before they go on to somebody else, some time down the line.

Patrick

Latest acquisition, thanks to a fellow member. 1871 pattern officer's helmet to the 4th(Irish) Dragoon Guards
An absolutely cracking helmet! Patrick

Attachments

• 20240113_155656.jpg
    20240113_155656.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240113_155711.jpg
    20240113_155711.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240113_155726.jpg
    20240113_155726.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240113_173038.jpg