BRUNSWICK ON EBAY

MG34NZ

Just curious if this is an original ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-GERMAN-PICKELHAUBE-OFFICERS-HELMET-BRUNSWICK-REGIMENT-93-3rd-BATTALION-/301188396112?hash=item46203a3450:g:6zAAAOxyZzlTeXgq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well beyond my reach price wise but just curious if it was the genuine article

Regards
Andy

How about this one, is this one original?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-Imperial-German-92nd-Brunswick-Spiked-Helmet-Picklehaube-/361414562834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

glenn66 said:
This one has been for sale for many, MANY months. Good thing no-one is falling for the trap.

You'd think the seller would revise his price or drop the auction, after so long, wouldn't you? But all it will take is one sucker to make it worthwhile.

The markings on the Canadian one certainly look good but I would like to hear from Bruno and get his opinion. I have only handled one and that was an officer at Tony's house. I know there are variations of the skull on the wappen. I have known the seller Dave Hiorth for years, his militaria shop is in Toronto, one of the few left still in business.

Decided to send a link to Tony about the Canadian JR 92. His response:
"Look at the Totenkopf. A cast copy. Its junk."
So, good markings but a fake wappen.

I can only concur with what Tony said.
Here is mine:

The marking is very similar. But when it comes to the skull, look at the ebay ad using the magnifier. Details of the eye sockets and nostrils are poorly defined. The surface of the skull is rough. Compare with this:

And of course, the curved chinscales on the ebay item have nothing to do there...

Bungo said:
glenn66 said:
This one has been for sale for many, MANY months. Good thing no-one is falling for the trap.

You'd think the seller would revise his price or drop the auction, after so long, wouldn't you? But all it will take is one sucker to make it worthwhile.

Sad but true :study:

Regards,

Edwin

I think that thanks to Tony and Bruno we can put a big "Fake Don't Buy" on the CN JR 92. Wappen and scales are not correct for what this helmet pretends to be.

I contacted Dave Hiorth the person who was selling the Canadian Hessen haube . He had no clue that there were problems with the helmet. He has pulled the listing.

Back