Busby marking

klink

Hello Gentlemen,

I need your help on this busby marking :

I feel it as a fake, and you ?.

Regards,

Hard to say out of the context!
Location of the marking? Size of characters? Colour?
Do you have a lower mag. picture?...

Hello,

The marking are stamped upon the outside of the leather crown.
I don't have other pictures.
I feel it fake because of the font, different of the one on the busby exposed on "Kaiser's Bunker" and the one referenced on "Colonel J's" database. :-k

Regards,

I would be looking at the rest of the busby especially the interior. The EM busby interior is very complex, what about the fur... seal skin? Regarding the markings, it would take a very cunning and resourceful faker to put multiple markings like those on the piece. Can you give us pics of the entire busby inside and out?

Without any special knowledge on busby markings I doubt that the busby manufacturing process was so standardized that a deviating font in itself means the busby is a fake.
Remember there were numerous manufactures spread all over Germany, and minor details as font used in markings wasn’t specified in the description in the AKO of how a busby should look.

Hey Garder......not to be a prk, but we are looking at Regimental markings stamped in after they were sent from the manufacturer. However, your comment about lack of standardization among Manuf. also applies to Regiments whether infantry, cavalry, arty or whatever, and is totally on the "mark".Regimental markings were stamped by the unit, not the manufacturer, so there is variation from unit to unit. I have seen basically 3 types of markings......ink stamped (most common), imprinted into the leather (often older helmets) and white hand painted. Although usually present on the rear visor, they can be in the front of the helme or even on the inside of the liner. B

Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here and state that in my opinion these Regt markings are good. This is what I see...HR 16, 7 HR crossed out , 1907, 1907, V
I would point out that the HR is always capitolized ( as is the HR 16 example provided by RoyA) I do not see a difference in font or numbers. Consequently, IMO these are original markings.

If this busby at one time belonged to HR 7 there should still be holes from were the regiments Kaiser Wilhelm I monogram was fixed.

If these holes are present, that would support it being real.

Good one Garder. Had not thought about checking wappen for HR16 and HR7. I am going to check the Korps number for both regiments, these were usually Roman numerals. Perhaps that explains the V stamping?

I don't know anything about Busby's but the mark looks good to me. I don't think it says everything assumed here but I have no idea what one of the marks is. I would relook the affiliation with seven HR – :p

Hello gentlemen,

Sorry to be late, here is some other pictures from the seller :

This busby is at "Regimentals", you can see more pictures here : http://www.regimentals.co.uk/viewphoto.php?shoph=58343&phqu=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know why, but I don't feel confortable with this busby.

The caplines appear to be new.
The field badge also seems fishy.
A Rittmeister-marked carrying case with an EM helmet?

Same questions here... Also the yellow bag has the wrong shape imo... I would let this one go...

Adler 1

Back