Buttons

stuka f

Anyone in buttons?
I am! :wink:
I kept mainly Belgian ones, but now anything and from anywhere,as long as they are old (up to 1960!) and nice.
Only had one German WWII button (made in Antwerp!!)until now.
Found some very nice buttons yesterday and got that way my real start for German buttons;
yep010_zps7b5a53e1.jpg

These are mainly South American government (probably diplomat's)buttons, with coat of arms that probably can be find on spike helmets as well (if they had any!!??)
yep004_zps895ea15c.jpg

Back in those day's that kind of buttons were used by all most everybody.
Schools, for students and personal.Government; postal services, tribunals, minestry's, city services etc....Most compagny's had them.
Uniforms, insigna's and buttons where very important, in those days.
Here is a very special one (top left), of a Dutch maritime compagny having a spelling fault on it; ("Maatschappij" has 2 P's in Dutch)
yep006_zpsd9505d66.jpg

Some can go for big money!
ScreenShot045-1.jpg

cheers
|<ris

Hey Kris , I'm still poking around this site now and then , i'll have to see what buttons i can dig out for you . I know i've got some WWII era up to korean war , so it fits in your 1960's limits . Remind me on WRF if you don't hear back from me here . What do you have for trade , besides buttons lol . keep in touch
cheers Chris

I have a lot of buttons too. Most of them are imperial German, but the only ones I collect are company numbered buttons (and I'll include collar disks). I have a few livery type German buttons as well.

Chip

Tanks guy's!
Not much German came in, since my last post!
But i keep it in mind.
Here are my latest. Belgian expeditionary corps during the Boxers up-rise.
Two types where made, both ar rare.
Here is the "L" type.

Back