CADET CORPS

hixxy1

Hi All
I have seen a cadet corps officers helmet. This is the standard line officers helmet with guard star on the yellow metal line eagle. The enamelled white outer is there but the black eagle centre has no enamelling just raised out in brass of the black eagle order. My question is, I thought the officers wore the helmets from the regiments they were servicing with when they went to teach at the schools. It is basically the same as an NCO officers helmet of the staff at the schools, but it is an officers helmet with officers fittings with bayonet spike fitting. Is this a rare helmet or one made up? I can find very little information on helmets for the training schools.
Thanks
Tony

schould you have pics of the helmet that you are refering to post these
so that we know what exactley you wanted to know
its important not to lead you on the wrong track's :wink:

jonas

Hi Jonas
The site the Pickelhaube is on is http://www.relicmilitaria.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Hope I haven't made a mistake I have paid for the Pickelhaube waiting to receive it, hope I get the thumbs up when you al look at the pictures
Thanks
Tony

The pics have gone from the site. Did you save any you can post? When it arrives, remove the star from the eagle and see if its been there for long- there's usually a clean mint finish in the shape of the wappen if it has...

Hi Arran
The helmet came today. It was really difficult to get the eagle of but managed to do it after some gentle easing out. Then removed the guard star as you said. the gilt was not bright behind the guard star it was the same as the rest of the eagle. Does this mean that the helmet is the standard infantry officers helmet of the line with the guard star added. The chin scales are the standard infantry pattern.
Thanks
Tony

Back