Can anyone please identify this helmet - year and division?

Pontiac9999

Hello All,

Some of you may have seen this one that just sold on Ebay. I was tempted to bid but in the last 2 minutes or so it jumped from $400 to $1700..... :(
I was just wondering if anyone knew what model year this helmet was and what unit or division it is (like a regular line kurassier, or 8th Regiment, or ??). It appears to be copper/Tombac with silver trim, if this helps.

Please let me know, any opinions appreciated.

M1867 Kurassier Metalhelm with brass fittings. I don't think it is tombok. My opinion is that it is polished steel but oxidise over the years, evidenced by the overall condition.

I agree with Amy that it is a M1867 helmet. But I think it is a tombac helmet with silver fittings, as for corroded steel the surface is to evenly. Although the trimming looks almost like brass, you can still see the silver shine more or less well. So it could be a helmet of the line cuirassier regiments no 6.

We would have to see if the highest bidder is a forum member who will advise us accordingly. An expensive restoration project

I was the second highest bidder, I believe it to be a 6K regiment. The owner was unable to give any more info on markings or a pic behind the frontplate. So to much of a risk. Could be a GDC? Looks as if was made into a lamp base at some piont. I have a guy who can take out the dents and straighten the bell as well as all the spare parts it to restore it properly but it got to expensive. I come in second often:((

Back