Canada at 139.

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
We just got back from Canada Day festivities in Halifax, I celebrated by diving on the wreck of the HMCS Saguenay. The Saguenay was built in 1953 and is a 366-foot destroyer which was sunk in 1994 to create a new artificial reef. The ship lies in approximately 35 metres (100 feet). We got down to 90 feet for 25 minutes on two dives. Absolutely beautiful.

A wonderful thing to do on Canada's birthday, 139 years of loyalty to the crown. Unlike those treasonous Americans who rebelled against His Majesty King George III in 1775...... :angry7: Tsk tsk.......

dive4.jpg

Tony,
You are starting to sound like Brian, next thing, you will be trying to claim the North Pole for Canada and the Crown. By the way, In 1775, my forefather was poching the King's deer in the south of Sweden. Looks like a great way to celebrate the birthday of one's nation, althoughI would rather be flying than one mistake from drowning.
Gus

Now the Canadians are infiltrating under water! 54 40 or fight! (For the non-North Americans, this was a mid 19th century slogan used in the "manifest destiny" time to expand US borders north into Canada.) 8) 8)

Joint Army and Navy Basic War Plan -- Red.

Uh-Rah!

:army:

(lol)

Tony

Looks like it was a great time, never realized how much you look like Lloyd Bridges.

Better than what I did.
I was with a group of guys displaying great war kit at Mcrae house .This is the home of John Mcrae the Canadian who wrote "In Flanders Fields" .After tending to wounded from the Second battle of Yypres ,after hearing the death of one of his clos friens a young man by the name of Halmer ( a former student ) .He vented his depression and anger by scibbling the Poem.
Thats the history Lesson of the Day
One of the CEF members brought out a tunic to a 5 th Canadian Division Canadian Engineers ,yes they never formed the 5th Division but had started and kept corps troops already formed .
Mark

Back