Can't Stay Logged In

SkipperJohn

Every time I open a post the website logs me out.
I posted a note concerning this yesterday and now that note is gone.
Just to get this posted I had to log in 7 times.
Does anybody know what's going on?

John

I saw your note!
It took you 6 times yesterday...

Except of having all new post on a constant long list, things works fine for me...
Sorry I can't be of any help.

stuka f said:
I saw your note!
It took you 6 times yesterday...

Except of having all new post on a constant long list, things works fine for me...
Sorry I can't be of any help.

I wonder if I downloaded some virus.
I tried to add a post and it logged me out half way through and deleted what I wrote.

John

Cookies...maybe...!?
I am no expert but that is one of the things I check wen it is out of normal...

I will send another email to tech support although he has not answered my other 2 emails yet regarding our other issues.

b.loree said:
I will send another email to tech support although he has not answered my other 2 emails yet regarding our other issues.

Thank you. I had to log in three times just to post this.
I don't know if it's my computer or the forum.
I consistently get an Error 502 message when I try to open the forum,
I can't delete PM's,
and I get logged out when I open a post and try to go back to the Board Index.

John

Additional note: This issue must be forum related. I do not have any computer issues with any other website or program.

interesting, I am sure they will figure it out for you.

Just wanted to say it is not everyone, I have not had to relog in for over a year?

So it is not everyone.

James

I have also not had any login problems for a long time now. These issues are frustrating and I appreciate everyone's patience. Usually Tech Support has been very quick to solve problems.

I also have no problems like you have John..
I am here everyday, and, when at work, sometimes look at my phone and I am logged in everytime.
At home, I am always logged in as I start up my computer, and stay so until I go to sleep.(and shut my computer off)
I just have to click on the page. And everyday it opens, and I am logged in.

I am thinking there is something wrong with your computer or laptop, but I have no knowledge about these things, unfortunately..

I finally had some good news this morning. My son has contacted TS through social media and made him aware of the three problems we are having. His response was that these are complex issues and that he will need some time to deal with them. I am still not impressed that he has not responded to my emails directly but at least I know he is aware of our difficulties. So this is where we are at folks, I will keep you informed.

b.loree said:
I finally had some good news this morning. My son has contacted TS through social media and made him aware of the three problems we are having. His response was that these are complex issues and that he will need some time to deal with them. I am still not impressed that he has not responded to my emails directly but at least I know he is aware of our difficulties. So this where we are at folks, I will keep you informed.

I deleted all cookies and ran every security program I have available.
Sometimes it keeps me logged in and sometimes it kicks me out.
I am going to attempt to add a post.
I guess I'll find out if my endeavors worked.

John

Nope. It won't let me post. About 1/2 hour into writing a new post it logged me out and lost all text and photos. It also erased my draft. Very frustrating.

stuka f said:
Are you active on other fora? Having problems there??

No, I don't belong to any other forums.
There is one thing that apparently I do differently. I do not stay logged on to this forum all of the time at home. I log on (when I can) on my work computer everyday at lunchtime. I periodically get an Error 521 message on both computers. Sometimes I have issues with other websites on my work computer, but I have no issues with other sites at home.
Yesterday, after I had gone through clearing history, resetting defaults, running anti-virus programs, running the windows web security program, Norton, and Trend security programs, everything on my home computer was perfect with other websites (no change really). I downloaded a bunch of photos to Imgur and had no issues. I then tried to write a post for this forum and after about 1/2 hour it logged me out. Poof - all was gone.
For me to get what I am writing now to post I had to write it in Word, cut, and paste it here.
I did get another unusual note yesterday on this site. I had managed to get logged in, it logged me out, and when I tried to log back in it said "You have been banned from logging in to this session" (or words to that effect).
Maybe I pissed one of the moderators off?

John

Absolutely not John, I have not banned anyone and I appreciate you posting about the problems you are having. At the moment, we are obliged to wait on Tech Support right now.

b.loree said:
Absolutely not John, I have not banned anyone and I appreciate you posting about the problems you are having. At the moment, we are obliged to wait on Tech Support right now.

Brian,
I was just kidding.

John

I don't know if the problem is completely fixed, but I managed to stay logged in long enough to submit a post.
Things are looking up!

John

John ; The same thing here .I do NOT log out , but every time I try to post I
have to log in again .Several times I have typed a post when I hit submit
the post is gone and if I retry I have to log in again .Finally before I hit
submit now I copy my post , then if it is gone
I start over by pasting my copy .Some times it happens more than once

KAGGR#1 said:
John ; The same thing here .I do NOT log out , but every time I try to post I
have to log in again .Several times I have typed a post when I hit submit
the post is gone and if I retry I have to log in again .Finally before I hit
submit now I copy my post , then if it is gone
I start over by pasting my copy .Some times it happens more than once

Exactly! That is what happens to me. I can stay logged in now when I am just looking or adding short comments, but when I am writing a post it logs me out. I use Word, write the article, copy and paste, and just hope that I can get the photos in before it logs me out again.

John :x

Guys, did this ever get sorted for you? I have the same problem - have to log in most (but not all) times I access the site and generally when I type a post or a PM after I've logged in I have to log in again and it may (or may not) submit or delete it. As above I've taken to writing everything in word and copying and pasting but if I want to do something quickly, from my phone say, that's not really practical.

When you log on/sign in, make certain you check the box "Remember Me" that is directly below the Password line. I found out last year that by doing this, it took care of the similar problem that I was having. Each time you sign in, make certain that you always check the "Remember Me" box.

Hopefully that will fix the problem for those of you having the not being able to stay signed in problems.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back