Casques a Pointe et Coiffures Prestigieuses De L'armee Allemande 1842-1918

Peter_Suciu

I recently bought some books, and this included the two-volume set of Casques a Pointe et Coiffures Prestigieuses De L'armee Allemande 1842-1918. Unfortunately, the dust jacket is missing with volume 1 and there is a scuff on the cover. But the books are in excellent condition. No smokey smell.

$200 for the pair, plus shipping.

Attachments

• PB050532.JPG
    PB050532.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
I recently bought some books, and this included the two-volume set of Casques a Pointe et Coiffures Prestigieuses De L'armee Allemande 1842-1918. Unfortunately, the dust jacket is missing with volume 1 and there is a scuff on the cover. But the books are in excellent condition. No smokey smell.

$200 for the pair, plus shipping.
IMO great books to have
Steve

From what I can see from reading the French on the covers Pete…you actually have two identical mounted troops volumes.

From what I can see from reading the French on the covers Pete…you actually have two identical mounted troops volumes.
Apparently, I don't speak French. You are correct, they are both Volume 2.

How about $100 for the copy with the dust jacket, and $75 for the other copy if anyone needs the second volume. I have NO idea why the former owner had two copies of the second volume. Maybe he made the same mistake I did.

Hi Peter, I'd like to buy the one with the dust jacket from you. I already have volume 1, volume 2 is missing in my reference library.
Send me a PM, and it will be okay.

Regards, Coert.

Yes, Khukri, I remember you doing that....was the English translation linked to this forum? Sorry for my memory failure. :censored: I still feel that Lacarde and Laine are the two primo authors that a collector can work with and identify just about anything. Laine is especially handy to take to a show as he organized it according the Regimental number as well as branch of service. The unfortunate thing with Laine though, is the poor quality of the binding and covers. I bought a pristine example from James a year or so ago but I don't use it. My original volume is falling apart and has greasy finger prints on the pages from thousands of searches! :) We are forced here in Canada to learn French which is a good thing in my opinion. I was a poor French student in High School unfortunately, the girls were always much better than us males. However, with the occasional help of a dictionary, I don't have any problem reading Larcade and I am very happy with that.

Back