Christmas Market Holiday 2023

Peter B

So after Covid finally settling down the wife and I are off to Germany for the Christmas Markets for about three weeks in a week or so.

We will be doing quite the trip going to Ulm, Bamberg, Coburg, Erfurt, Bayreuth, Regensburg, Ingolstadt and Munich. With day trips to Nuremberg and Wurzburg. Just a bit of driving for a Canadian.

We are a little German Christmas Market crazy. Have also done our first batch of Gluhwein at home. And we have a few German Christmas decorations. Almost as addictive as Pickelhaubes. My wife definitely has the Nutcracker addiction.

We will of course visit as many museums etc. as well like the Bavarian Army and Police Museum in Ingolstadt.

If anyone has any suggestions for good museums or militaria shops at our destinations please pass them on. I already plan to stop by Antik Buchwald in Coburg and I know about the shop in Nuremberg.

Cheers and early Merry Christmas to all.

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    616.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3010.jpeg
    IMG_3010.jpeg
    682.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3013.jpeg
    IMG_3013.jpeg
    766.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Germany Christmas 2023 Option 2.jpg
    Germany Christmas 2023 Option 2.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 22
By the looks of things I'd say you guys are ready (y)

Sounds like a wonderful trip we just returned from Germany last month, could you say hi to my little brother who lives in Coburg and brink a few Biers for me. 🍻

I' would try to hit Rothenburg as well, it wouldn't add much time to your drive and if you haven't already been I'd bet you'd completely love it. If you swing by I could also give you the address for an Antique shop in town that always has a few Pickelhauben in stock ;)

By the looks of things I'd say you guys are ready (y)

Sounds like a wonderful trip we just returned from Germany last month, could you say hi to my little brother who lives in Coburg and brink a few Biers for me. 🍻

I' would try to hit Rothenburg as well, it wouldn't add much time to your drive and if you haven't already been I'd bet you'd completely love it. If you swing by I could also give you the address for an Antique shop in town that always has a few Pickelhauben in stock ;)
Thanks John. We did the Rotherburg one a few years ago. Worth reconsidering though. I know the shop you mean, along the route near that one gate.

P.S. Does your brother really live there in Coburg?

Last edited:
Thanks John. We did the Rotherburg one a few years ago. Worth reconsidering though. I know the shop you mean, along the route near that one gate.

You got it (y) The lady who owns it is always a joy to talk with, we always stop in when in town.

My wife still laughs about her using Mundpropaganda (word of mouth) in a conversation about the hunt for new items. It was one of those things I guess just the way she said it sounded hilarious. All I have to do is use that word and my wife cracks up. :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy your trip, it sounds wonderful (y)(y) I'm jealous, with the cost of everything going way up since covid we only go once a year.

You got it (y) The lady who owns it is always a joy to talk with, we always stop in when in town.

My wife still laughs about her using Mundpropaganda (word of mouth) in a conversation about the hunt for new items. It was one of those things I guess just the way she said it sounded hilarious. All I have to do is use that word and my wife cracks up. :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy your trip, it sounds wonderful (y)(y) I'm jealous, with the cost of everything going way up since covid we only go once a year.
Funny. Not sure if you saw my PS I added after. Is your brother really in Coburg?

Back