Cleaned up my Stahlblech - Photos

Mike9999

Well, nothing earthshaking here, but some before and after photos of the stahlblech I picked up. Did a light cleaning with Howard's Wax, then removed the wax with mineral spirits.

Certainly a lot more paint is shown, though it is quite darkened. Removed the wappen, as I was afraid there my have been a lot of corrosion, but it is near 100% clean paint beneath. Looks to have some honest 'wear' as the top is rougher than the sides. What you see with the M16 steel helmets.

Wappen is brass that has been darkened. Liner is hel on by two split pins, front and back, and the chinstrap posts have split pins through the liner band.

Certainly won't win any prizes as the 'best example,' but it's the best I've been able to do!

Thanks for looking!

- Mike S.

SB1.jpg

SH0.jpg

SB2.jpg

SH5.jpg

SB3.jpg

SH2.jpg

SB4.jpg

SH3.jpg

SH1.jpg

SH4.jpg

SH5.jpg

Thank you Adler -

I see some of these pop up with a 'regular' brass wappen and spike, etc. Would you know the difference between those and this one with the steel spike and top plate and the 'etched or darkened' wappen?

- Best regards, Mike

You see them sometimes with the brass weapon, the brass weapon darkened and with the M15 style grey weapon... Tree different types...

Adler

Very nice! I've one in my collection as well with the eagle's head chopped off. No biggie...
I'd imagine the trim depended on what was available.

:D Ron

Back