Colberg 1807

abukafura

I just got a Prussian helmet with the "Colberg 1807" bandeau on it. On the rear visor, in a rectangle, is the stamp "F.B." Does this mean "Fusillier Battalion"? On the other side of the rear visor is the stamp "K.A.R." Have no idea what this means. Can someone help on this? Thanks

Congratulations! :D :D
, we need pictures!

We do not know what kind of helmet it is at all.
artillery? Infantry? Any dates on the helmet? . More data! :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

I wish I knew how to post photos on this site. Alas, I do not, and I expected someone to ask for them (rightfully so).
This is an enlisted helmet, infantry, really in nice shape except the liner is a bit ratty. Next to the FB stamp is a size marking, looks to be 59. Under the other marking is another ink stamp that is unreadable---only half of it was stamped on the visor Could be a date stamp, just don't know.
I know photos would help, but I haven't mastered the photo server application yet. Have others I would also like to post photos of as well.

try this link:
http://pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2869

And here is an explanation from Robert:

Robert said:
Naw tried again cant understand a word about urls img etc.,.. not very computer litterate Would have to have the whole thing properly explained, you will have to make do with one picture.

I cannot be of any help considering the helmet, but let me try to do a better explanation of posting pictures and links. Its all about the addresses.

If you uploaded the images to imageshack and want to link to the imageshack page, then simply copy the address that you see at the top line of the browser. Then in the editor of the forum, click the URL button, insert the address and click the URL button again. The result will be the address included in tags like this: [code][URL]http://img411.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=revhelmet001.jpg[/code]

If you want to post the image itself, then you need to find out its address. I just saw that Imageshack shows that address on the right side if you click an image. Copy the address in the Field "Direct" under "Links to share this image". Then in the editor of the forum, click the IMG button, insert the address and click the IMG button again. The result will be the address included in tags like this:

[code][img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6755/revhelmet001.jpg[/code]

Actually you dont need the buttons, you can also type the tags per hand. Note that the tag at the end always has the slash / in it.

I have gone to photobucket, imageshack puts advertisements on the photos they host.
Gus

I think I still need help on posting photos. I pulled up Imageshack on the web. Looks like I need to register and pay an $8/mo fee, right? Is this the first step, or is there a site that lets me do this stuff for free? I am anxious to post photos and I want to learn this system. Thanks.

You do not need to pay to use photobucket, and they have a miuch better way to organize your photos.
Gus

Well, that went really well. I have a photo to post and ready to go from Photobucket. But can't (now--new problem) figure out how to get it from PB to this website. What is the secret to transfer it to Picklehaube.com? Help again!!!
Gus...are you still there?

Maybe I can drop in concering the image posting.

If you uploaded the images to photobucket (or any other host) then the simplest way may be to link directly to the entire page, not individual images.

To do this, copy the address that you see in the top line of the browser (usually starting with http://...). Then in the forum when writing a new post, click the URL button, insert the address and click the URL button again. The result that you see should be the address included in tags like this: [code][URL]http://img411.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=revhelmet001.jpg[/code]
Thats all, the link will be visible in the final posting.

But if you want to link to individual pictures, you need their addresses and proceed similarly using the button:

Presuming you use Internet Explorer, right-click the image and then select Properties. The properties will be displayed including the image address:
[img]http://www.olsen-twins-news.com/articles/how-to-post-a-pic/select-url.gif
Copy this address (by marking it and pressing CTRL + C). Then when writing the post in the forum, click the IMG button, insert the address and click the IMG button again.

I hope this help a bit, what we really need is a video tutorial.

I prefer to post photos indavidually, go to your photobucket page, and put the cursor on the phot thumbnail you wish to post, this will cause a dropdown menu to extend from the bottom of the photo, (do not click on the photo) then move the cursor to the bottom line of the menu and click, this will highlight the address of the photo. Then push ctrl and "C" and you have copied it, go to the post and type
and you should have it.
Bestwishes
Gus

The letter stamp seems to be: "K.A.R." Any idea what this means? The other stamp seems to be a date which ends in a 5, but due to only partial stamping the other numbers are illegible.

CIMG2043.jpg

This is quite an old thread, surprised this is where it ends!

K.A.R. is a regimental I have seen often on old Gewehr 88 rifles regimentals:

Kaiser. Alexander. Garde Grenadier Regt. 1.

Regiment was stationed in Berlin and was naturally part of the Garde Korps.

This is curious as the wappen was used by the Colbergisches Grenadier-Regt. Graf Gneisenau 9. (Gr.R. 9.) Stationed in Stargard, in Pommerania, which belonged to the II Armee Korps. This wappen was used by that regiment up until 1913.

Here is a 1914 photo of 5th Landsturm Brigade men wearing the same type helmets with Gr.R.9. plates, chin scales and M71 perlring spikes. As the 9th Grenadiers were from Stargard, these men are probably from the Ldst.-Inf.-Btln. Stargard (II. 12). OR's are armed w/ G88's, wear Litewka tunics, with brigade collar dogs. NCO has a Prussian line wappen and wears a M1907/10 feldrock. He is armed with a pistol & has a binocular case on his belt. All ammo pouches are M95. Of interest is that the pack straps appear to be white parade straps.

5374764853_88d16f2e3d_z.jpg

Back