Colberg Grenadier Nr 9 pickelhaube M67 and M95

KAGGR 1870

Hello
Here is my last find ( it 's almost christmas) :santa:
one rare M1867 pickelhaube of the Grenadier regiment 9 in superb condition (the cocarde is M60 model)
In the latest pic you can see the two "brothers" the elder M1867 and the younger M1895
We can see the great differences between this two model
Any one can add the M1860 ???
Regards

7ygczkm.jpg

6l2fwia.jpg

7wti6w1.jpg

72lfucj.jpg

6le5j5x.jpg

726dws8.jpg

Hello
I add the colberg M95 wappen
One interesting fact is the distance between the two loops.
Although this wappen is as large as the guard wappen, the distance between the two loops is the same as the standard line wappen : 7 cm
(The guard wappen have 9,5cm)
Regards

6p4ea1w.jpg

8fd2zaf.jpg

KAGGR 1870 said:
One interesting fact is the distance between the two loops.Although this wappen is as large as the guard wappen, the distance between the two loops is the same as the standard line wappen :
Of course. The contract would have asked for this, so when they placed the new Wappens on their Pickelhauben in 1913, they would fit the holes from earler 1849 to 1913 Wappens. Again, superb helmet, very very nice Bernard.

Hi everybody

The point about the specific distance between the two loops of the 1913 plate is very interesting.

About the model 1867, one of them was for sale by Randy T. few months ago. I had the chance to look at this helmet. It had some restoration at its back, as described by Randy himself. No problem so far.

But, Bernard, if I were you, I would look very closely at the back of your plate and to this one:

Maybe I am wrong, and I hope, I am, but there are some similarities.

Back