Comments?

A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/IMP-GERMAN-BADEN-Artillery-NCO-Pickelhaube_W0QQitemZ6600293715QQcategoryZ13965QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chas.

Hi Chas, Chin scales look to me like they are cut out of 20 mil shim stock.
Gus

Mikey,

Get back in the box. It is a rainy day in South Texas, and we are going golfing. It might be a good day to paint some. This helmet is entirely put together.

There is this mixture of issue and private purchase parts. But let's look first at the cruciform base. This base with equal distant legs has stars with very long bolts held on by hex nuts. There are additional holes in the top of the shell, where they round base used to be. I could go on and on, but that's enough. Someone at some time changed the spike base.

It is a good example however, of the long bolts, which are common in reproductions. Notice how the bottom of the bolt is flat and has not been pinched off with a pair of metal cutters. Run away from this one I would think.

joerookery said:
Run away from this one I would think.
Hi Joe:

An abomination like this should be buried in excrement. I don't know why, but Mike edited his post. Originally it contained some funny and sarcastic comments, especially regarding the color challenged Baden Kokarde.

Original shell and visor trim.

Everything else (I mean everything) is fake or fraud.

And yet they bid. ](*,)

Chas.

epsomgreen said:
joerookery said:
Run away from this one I would think.
Hi Joe:

An abomination like this should be buried in excrement. I don't know why, but Mike edited his post. Originally it contained some funny and sarcastic comments, especially regarding the color challenged Baden Kokarde.

Original shell and visor trim.

Everything else (I mean everything) is fake or fraud.

And yet they bid. ](*,)

Chas.

I am thinking in buy it, it would make an enormous success as part of a fantasy dress of carnival dance (party)... :eek:ccasion7: :eek:ccasion9: :eek:ccasion2:

Better be careful Otto. That Wappen bolt is long enough to drill a hole in your head.

Chas.

but has some advantages...it's possible to jump and to dance without running the risk of the helmet to fall of the head...
Otto :D

Sorry Joe - you are a pal you know. I was being sarkie and I edited my first post for fear of litigation [well not really] but anyhow I thought it too strong. Like you I could'nt find anything right with this abomination. It's that spraypaint 'sunburst' finish cockade that gets me - what a load of cobblers.

Interesting helmet! Good Sunday to you and your wonderful French relations. Janet actually started talking about cruising the med last night. After my best golf game and 2 beers I was in little position to dispute. I'm holding out for Rio and Antartica this year. We Go to Eastern Canada in the fall and the Carribean again in the Spring. But France? Hmmmmm.

joerookery said:
After my best golf game and 2 beers I was in little position to dispute.
Hi Joe:

Forgive me, but I can't resist.

You sure were a grumpy beast yesterday; complaining about the rain in the morning and venting in the "Sachsen Mystery" thread.

Good God, the Lone Star State has been in a horrendous drought. Think of the farmers, man; people like Gus. Gus is your friend. I am your friend. The planet needs rain.

Aren't you ashamed? Everything turned out for the best after all.

I better plan on bringing some high powered brew to the SOS and locating a public golf course in Louisville. Otherwise, there will be no appeasing you.

Chas. :lol:

I'm holding out for Rio and Antartica this year
Forget Antartic, it is expensive, just come to Idaho, we have snow, wind, cold, ice and black and white birds, but ours can fly.
Gus

complaining about the rain in the morning
After 6 months of no rain it decides to pour on the day of the couples scramble. But I bought a Big Bertha woman's driver and hit the ball twice as far as I ever had from the T! 13 degrees of loft and a titanium head. Now if I can just get distance from the 5 wood.....

better plan on bringing some high powered brew to the SOS and locating a public golf course in Louisville.
Janet has already asked about that brew. It has fans here in Texas.
Alas I am tied to my cart so can only play here.... Not so bad considering I have to pay the monthly dues anyway....

Cheers Joe, and congratulations on a game well played! You sound in mellow mood right now so go with the flow. I'm back in England for some of the Summer for my next one man show in London around June, so let me know if you're going to wash up here. Just dont expect too much from my er...'collection'. It gets really unpleasently hot here too in Summer. A Woman recieved 3rd degree burns last year walking across the street from her hotel to the car and spontaneous combustion is commonplace, which is another reason I bail out, so be sure to pack a parasol. I'd send you a postcard but you'd need a welding mask to view it.

my next one man show
Mikey,
Isn't that quite a big deal and honor? The gallery has to believe they will make money from it. I know nothing of art but I might be knowing the next Picasso!

Well if you saw my stuff Joe you'd realise that makes two of us! Knowing nothing that is.
I guess it is a big deal really but its my Fifth one man show so I suppose I'm a bit blase about it all now. Not good. There's so many artists out there would love to do this that never get a break I have to remind myself sometimes just how bloody lucky I am!

Next Piccasso - I wish! Now he was a master when he fancied it.Try www.adamgallery.com and look under the contemporary painters heading for Michael Hyam. It should be good for a laugh! Johnny Depp has three in his collection which was a cool moment for me.

Gustaf said:
I'm holding out for Rio and Antartica this year
Forget Antartic, it is expensive, just come to Idaho, we have snow, wind, cold, ice and black and white birds, but ours can fly.
Gus

Forget Idaho (hasn't a concentration camp there :p ?), just come to Rio. sun...beach...beer...sun...beach...beer...and the most beautiful girls of the planet (I know Joe, you have enough girls...but think about the girls from Rio as an eye drops for your tired eyes of a old man).
What could you see of interesting besides an alien using a gas mask and drinking windows cleaner?
:D Otto

spikeymikey said:
It should be good for a laugh!

On the contrary, Mike: I've been studying your works and came away very impressed. I can certainly see the Frazetta influence in "The Sorceress." Mythology is the stuff of dreams.

I know I'm way off topic here, but what determines the size of your work? I noticed the self portraits are relatively small.

I wish I had a better sense for the texture and mixed media quality of your work.

(For all his modesty, the boy has talent).

Chas.

Back