Completed Prussian Reserve Officer Tschapka

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Some fotos of the now completed Prussian Reserve officer Tschapka.

This restoration was a great learning experience, as I had never handled or worked on an Officer Tschapka before. The construction is unique with its stitched seam up the front, white metal hook and thin leather glued strips on the inside to hide stitching. The wappen which shows period repairs is paper thin yet has a great pre war quality gilding, it measures 97 mm from top of crown to bottom tail feather. This size is proper for the Tschapka but I am told by Tony S that most of the officer Tschapkas have the standard size Prussian officer wappen on them, so this is special. It was a pleasure to work on this piece!

Thank you everyone. It took a little more than 4 months but it is a "process" thing that can't be rushed. Bruno...I am very glad that you like what you see.

Thanks Max and Mauihiu.......it keeps me off the streets doing this stuff. Keeps an old retiree occupied. I am working on a Prussian Arty officer helme for James as I write this. I will be posting pics of this next project soon.

Back