Corky's book

joerookery

I think this thread went away also during the shutdown but there are a couple of advancements on the book/movie from that are worth looking at.
http://escapefrommexico.net/

A much expanded website -- I try to get the equilibrium entertainment blog but it was too computer savvy for me. It's too bad because it covers the story, a real honest to God director, and some other stuff. This is some really sweet stuff with some direct links to buy the book. Take a look at the customer reviews on the Barnes & Noble site. Pretty impressive!

Corky do you think there is any chance of getting a leading role in the movie? James has some experience as a booth bubba, and I know a lot about zombies.

Just-My-Taste-jar.jpg

Few people understand that Corky is a in the flesh chili cookoff Champion! This has nothing to do with zombies or escaping from Mexico. He is sharing his chili/hot sauce/oh my God stuff with the rest of us. I am a connoisseur of the hot and this stuff is incredible. I am ordering a case for us and a case for my son. I can recommend this stuff highly -- highly. You can put it on anything and I do mean anything. The only caution is don't use a lot I am talking about quarter or half teaspoons. Well worth the purchase. If you only want to use it as a chip dip do not use a great deal these are big bottles. We are going to use them to give to all of our friends. Remember, we are from San Antonio but this stuff from North Carolina is well worth having.

http://www.justmytaste.com/

Hey Guys,
Do not waste your time reading reviews on Corky's book, just buy the book and read it. You will not be disapointed.
Gus

T-shirts arrived as did the paint remover, we are havinig a Solstice party on the 21st, and will try it out.
Best wishes
Gus

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH GUYS.
You are starting to scare me.
I'm having second thoughts about the SOS Hotel thing with yous guys.
I know I'll spook the other three guys with this stuff.
Nah can't find rooms in town for the show now.
:eek: :eek:
Jerry

I reread this book while I was stalling on the doctrine stuff. If ever a book was meant to be made into a movie this is it. It is a short book–split into 1 million chapters. If you do not have the book or have not read it I strongly recommend it. You really have to admire what Corky went through. My daughter is going to go to Mexico with her fiancé despite the State Department's travel warnings–I think what Steve described was the “good days”. Tough to think you could have gotten any worse! Good read. :D

Joe, thank you so much. An update on the movie. Financing in the film industry is currently very difficult. 2 years ago 29 banks were loaning money to make movies. Now there are only 8. The production company for my movie was considering laying off staff. Well, a friend of mine who is French called the other day to ask if I would buy a knife for $400.00 because he couldn't pay his car insurance. I told him I liked the knife, but didn't have $400.00. He asked me if I could call his insurance company and pay with a credit card. I did. In the conversation he asked about the movie and I told him about the financial woes. His response was, "I know a big investor in New York. He will do it !" Sure, a guy who can't afford his car insurance is telling a guy that can't afford a knife, that he is going to set up a multi-million dollar deal. I told a very skeptical Producer it was probably a waste of time. To make a long story shorter, not only did we get the financing for my movie, but more for other projects. If all goes well, they should sign the final papers within the month. Did you ever get more of the hot sauce? If not, I'll send you some. Best, Corky

First off,
Joe, what the hell, is she crazy? I would put my foot down, and tell hwer to go to Iran instead.
Corky,
This is great, this is a movie that needs to be made, it is also interesting about the broke friend telling broke you about the big money (maggie wants to know if you got enough to pay for the knife, it is a prop for the movie, isn't it?)
I have a friend from Poland, they were living as refugees in Canada, and he wanted to get a line of credit from a bank to buy collections to break up and resell, he drove an old worn out car that they had to plan trips that did not have any mountians, because it would not go up hill, but his business plan was good enought that the banker offered him a $100,000 line of credit (he had asked for 1 million) he declined the 100 G as it was not enough to do the job.
Father always said that you do not want to discount anyone, some of the best buyers at his bull sales would showed up in wornout coveralls, driving an old pick up, but they were the ones that bought the good bulls, while the dudes in suits were just in the way.
Best
Gus

Corky,

That is a movie that I will stand in line to see. I know people will think I'm just buttering up a buddy but it is a perfect movie. I think they will have a challenge setting up the 1970s but other than that it is absolutely timeless. If this investor and the production company do it right you should all make a zillion dollars–the story deserves it.

We never got the hot sauce. I want to buy some and send it to my children in Seattle. We even went to the Farmer's market down here looking for something similar–no joy–that is the best stuff. Why won't they let me buy some??

Don't be surprised if Janet and I someday want to crash your escape from Mexico party. Somehow I still think you'll be living pretty normal even when you are a multimillionaire from the movie profits. We have an annual party that this year is September 18. The theme this year is tailgating if you are in the area you and your wife are always invited.

Gus,

Yes she is crazy–I am just trying not to interfere too much–I am trying to balance a fine line between family cultures of his family and ours. Everyone is pretty touchy but those people have guns–I don't like guns. The

Back