Could This Be Real ? Meck Felt

pickelhauben

Here is another one on French ebay.

It has the rivet stamped spike (not sure if this came off of a child's helm )

Other than the felt between the wappens and spike it looks to be good.

Comments ?

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Casque-a-pointe-ERSATZ-grand-duche-Mecklembourg-Schwerin-german-pickelhaube/333230082612?hash=item4d960f8a34:g:pqcAAOSw35Zc~6cr

Dont think its a good one
Never seen this type of spike configuration on a felt dome ( at least not that i know off)
The piece of felt in between the frontplate is also not seen before
Ther seems to be a square cut out in the dome for a diffrent type of plate

To me its a no go, to many doubts

How about this one then?...

Adler

2wpm2y9.jpg

sxp24p.jpg

mhwtur.jpg

You have shown the opposite karel , whas the first time to see sutch a type of ersatz helmet

Very unusual Karel, I also have never seen one like that.....the land of "Ersatz" is filled with contradictions!

20190617_182854.jpg

How crazy is that? That is the exact same steel spike as on this late version of the snapped together helmet in the thread showing a factory where they were assembled.

Super cool ersatz variation! I've never seen that before.

Bryan.

Does the wappen use a single peg in the center like the snapped together helmets?

Does it also use the two wide flanges on each M91 sidepost to secure them to the shell like the snapped together "kit" helmets?

I will take a pic of what I mean and post it, but I would love to see what is under your liner.

20190618_102030.jpg

Are the M91 side posts secured like this example above, on your felt helmet?

If the wappen and posts are of the same type and manufacture as the tin helmets the way your spike is, I would say that your helmet would likely have been produced and assembled by the same factory.

Coolest thing I've seen all week! Another ersatz variation to keep an eye out for.

Bryan

And the two posts above are addressed to Adler for his helmet.

The helmet in the French eBay ad has the cut out for a wappen using a peg in the photos.

Bryan.

Back