Cow dogs, jeeps and snakes

Gustaf

Staff member
My little cow dog came home from the vet today, she was traveling to the ranch in my jeep to help me build fence and move cows, but I swerved for a snoke on the road and she fell out and broke her leg. She was very happy to see us today when we went in to picke her up, unlike my last dog, she still has all four legs, just one has a bit of hardware on it for 8 weeks. She does not know that I worked the cows with out her, and she gets her medicine in a bit of Three Musketeers candy, so she is sore but happy.
Gus

Hi Joe,
Yes, it is the same dog, she can not wait for SOS next year. Poor little dog was stuck in the car for a week, and when we got home, she was ready to jump back in the car when we went anywhere. This type of working dog requires constant supervision, as the natural instinct to work will get them in trouble, and the only alternative to her being with Maggie or me, is to kennel her, and we tried that the first year we went to SOS, and that did not go too well.
Gus

Gustaf said:
My little cow dog came home from the vet today, she was traveling to the ranch in my jeep to help me build fence and move cows, but I swerved for a snoke on the road and she fell out and broke her leg. She was very happy to see us today when we went in to picke her up, unlike my last dog, she still has all four legs, just one has a bit of hardware on it for 8 weeks. She does not know that I worked the cows with out her, and she gets her medicine in a bit of Three Musketeers candy, so she is sore but happy.
Gus

Hi Gus,
I heard about the accident by Maysa, I hope all was well now!
Hugs to You and to Dog,
Otto

Hi All,
Trzy thanks you all for your well wishes, she is resting well. My last dog was run over by a car, and lost the same leg, it made life difficult for her in her last years, so I am hoping that trzy's leg heals.
Best wishes
Gus, Maggie and Trzy (the cat thinks we should have had her put down, but she thought that 9 years ago)

Back