Cowan auction

911car

I attended the Cowan auction in Cincinnati.
A whole helmet collection for sale. The owner passed away a while ago and the collection was stored away for a long time. I know well the expert who appraised the helmets.
Many helmets in bad condition, or composite (including several GdC helmets), or with ugly repairs (putty, tons of glue, cardboard visors, plastic cockades...).
A few great items in need of restoration, like a GdC officer black Kurass.
And a few excellent things too. I was happy to purchase this "white" JzP helmet, all complete and original, with its rare blackened tombac chinscales. As a good surprise, I found it well marked to the 6th regiment, as it should be. Another great piece was the Garde Reiter helmet with parade lion, the history of which I know. I did not get it though. It went for $ 13.000 (to which you must add 15%).
Very nice auction house managed by great, sympathetic people. I recommend it. Too many items to be described here though, but I'll be happy to answer any question if I can. The catalog is online.

Bruno

Thank you Bruno! As proof that no good deed goes unpunished is it possible that we could get pictures when you have time of the ""white" JzP helmet, all complete and original, with its rare blackened tombac chinscales. As a good surprise, I found it well marked to the 6th regiment,"?

You know Cincinnati is not far away from Louisville -- maybe we will see you at SOS next year???

Hi Joe,
Heading to Europe right now. As soon as I return in a week I will make pictures of the helmet.
Bruno

Back