CREATION OF A NEW SHOWCASE

PROGLORIA

Hello

My collection is growing and I will have to design a new, larger display case. I'm already working on the one I have in order to do some installation tests, presentation lighting, etc.
My old window had glass shelves, everything was lined up, which I like less and less. So I imagined a "floating" presentation, more shelves, the hairstyles are presented unaligned and in a slightly invisible way.
The bottom, being made of steel sheet, is covered with white leather so I can magnetize rods which are stuck in half polystyrene heads (which I cover with fabric) and thus I can arrange them as I want a little everywhere.
For the moment I am testing, the Bavarian does not correspond to the rock which also "floats" in the window.
I don't know if I was clear but here is my research, the display case is entirely custom made in my personal workshop.
Thanks
Daniel ANCIENNE PRESENTATION.jpgESSAI.jpgVITRINE 1.jpgVITRINE 2.jpgVITRINE 3.jpgVITRINE 4.jpg

Awesome display of your collection. Floating!
Thank you!
-my display case has glass in the back. Shelves as well.
- I have two Bavarian Cuirassier Mannsch Helme. I would like a stand to display both "Brothers" "M" and the younger "L" verticaly. On top of each other. A bottom plate. One vertical rod. And two support rods for the helmets. [Measurements...?] Now: have to tell the Missus I need to go to the metalworker to fix something.

Really nice way to display your items. If I understand correctly, the helmet support rods and thier flat plates have powerful magnets attached to them? Would be nice to see a picture of how the magnets are attached to the rods. Really great to be able to easily move your display items around.

Fantastic…. Im always impressed with guys would are so creative. I keep saying Im gonna make a few “floating” displays for my helmets but haven’t yet. I got a plasma cutter a few weeks ago and need to practice. Is your metalwork sheet or aluminum?

Last edited:
Stunning, like others pointed out I would like dimensions etc of the rods, did you make them yourself by welding a curved rod to a metal plate?

hello
Thank you very much for your answers, and here are my answers with drawings and photos:
I buy a female mannequin head that I cut at the top....
I stick an aluminum tube in this half of the head, the tube is 6 mm in diameter x 1 mm thick
I bend it by heating it a little, I make a tapping on the other end M4.
I made a small aluminum box and inside there is a magnet with a hole and a countersink that screws the rod and at the top a magnet stick to the cyanolite.
the polysthirene head is covered with fabric.
for helmets with haarbuschus you need 2 magnets with a diameter of 40 mm..
Thanks Daniel

20240505_163429.jpg-1921096143929938817.jpg

hello
Thank you very much for your answers, and here are my answers with drawings and photos:
I stick an aluminum tube in this half of the head, the tube is 6 mm in diameter x 1 mm thick
I made a small aluminum box and inside there is a magnet with a hole and a countersink that screws the rod and at the top a magnet stick to the cyanolite.
Thanks Daniel

View attachment 45346View attachment 45347
Wonderful, amazing!!

hello
Thanks Daniel

View attachment 45346View attachment 45347
Excellent. Thank you!

Hello

My collection is growing and I will have to design a new, larger display case. I'm already working on the one I have in order to do some installation tests, presentation lighting, etc.
My old window had glass shelves, everything was lined up, which I like less and less. So I imagined a "floating" presentation, more shelves, the hairstyles are presented unaligned and in a slightly invisible way.
The bottom, being made of steel sheet, is covered with white leather so I can magnetize rods which are stuck in half polystyrene heads (which I cover with fabric) and thus I can arrange them as I want a little everywhere.
For the moment I am testing, the Bavarian does not correspond to the rock which also "floats" in the window.
I don't know if I was clear but here is my research, the display case is entirely custom made in my personal workshop.
Thanks
Daniel View attachment 45301View attachment 45302View attachment 45303View attachment 45304View attachment 45305View attachment 45306
Very nice display
Please tell me about that silver officers shooting cord
I have not seen one like it before
Thanks
Steve

Back