crimson's tscapka

hamtaro

Hi gang,

Crimson has this tscapka for sale, is it good? And what abt the price?
http://www.cmmilitaryantiques.com/gallery.php?arid=980

Thanks
Bambang

Hi Bambang:

The helmet is (or rather, was) a genuine Tschapka, but I would steer clear of it. The Wappen is Preußen line infantry, the officer Reichskokarde doesn't belong on an issued helmet, the visor appears to be held in place with a pop rivet, and the Fangschnurr is too fuzzy to voice an opinion about.

It would require a lot of work to make it right. The price is ridiculous.

Chas.

Bambang-

Although I am just learning about Tschapka's, I have to agree with Chas, looks tough.

All the helmets on their site seam high in price to me....

James

Hi Bambang,

I'm sure that you'll find some better tschapkas. This one is really in a poor condition. Be patient! :roll:

Good search!

Maxime

Hi Chas, James and Max

Thank you for the advice and info, i wll steer away from it then.
Well, I have been on the tscapka quest for quite some time now, really glad that we have this great forum and you guys, and I am not goint to spend any money on weird stuffs like this one.

Thank you, guys
Bambang

Hey Bambang, check this one out - Weitze cat. no. 73128. A lot of dosh but it looks pretty nice to me - well I guess it should for that kind of cash! I like this, but to me - the student, the plate looks almost too lightweight or something and I cant see the black pigment in the lettering - what do you think? Inside theres some nice markings and apart from the 'scales and the missing cord hook it looks in pretty good nick. Way more than 2.5k Australian but so much better! You could try to knock him down a bit. :lol: One of these on this page has hex nuts behind the plate but I dont think it's this one.

Back