Cuirassier helmet?

zeebas101

Hello everyone,

I recently saw what I assume is a cuirassier helmet on ebay, not sure of the model but it looks okay to me other than being a bit dinged up and missing the liner, and the head of the eagle seems to have been reattached. I am considering this but wanted some other opinions in it.

Thanks in advance, any thoughts?

Edit: Also, I found this helmet that I do not know much about other than that it seems to be a high-ranking garde officer’s helmet and am also interested in, any thoughts?

Last edited:
A possible "Parts" helmet that was assembled by someone after WW1 ended.

The rosettes that hold the chin scales in place are incorrect for this helmet. The helmet should use the flat head screw with a different type of rosette for attaching the chinscales to the helmet shell/body.

Helmet body appears to be officer style. Spike base and spike are enlisted pattern.

Take a close look at the neck area of the eagle wappen or front plate. Notice the very crudely done solder job that someone did to attach the neck and head of the eagle to a damaged wappen/front plate? At first glance it is easy to miss this horrible looking repair job on the eagle wappen.

Best Wishes,

Alan

A possible "Parts" helmet that was assembled by someone after WW1 ended.

The rosettes that hold the chin scales in place are incorrect for this helmet. The helmet should use the flat head screw with a different type of rosette for attaching the chinscales to the helmet shell/body.

Helmet body appears to be officer style. Spike base and spike are enlisted pattern.

Take a close look at the neck area of the eagle wappen or front plate. Notice the very crudely done solder job that someone did to attach the neck and head of the eagle to a damaged wappen/front plate? At first glance it is easy to miss this horrible looking repair job on the eagle wappen.

Best Wishes,

Alan
Thank you Alan, I think I’ll be passing on that one for now..

The helmet body looks as if it has some funky repairs( bulge at the top of the back spine?) also a strange hole plug near the top of the crown?. With some of the other issues mentioned, You probably would not be happy in the long run. Worth maybe $800??

Back