Cuirassier markings

weirdpyramid

Hello

Looking for some help here with these unique markings that we find on Cuirassier helmets. I feel that we have discussed these before but I am having trouble finding those posts. The helmet is marked as being manufactured in 1916 and has regiment mark behind the Prussian kokarde of the number 61. Couldn't find any info on that regiment, looking for some help with it. Anyone have that huge book of Deutschlands Heere bis 1918??

Here is what I think is the regimental marking
img3863ey.jpg

This marking is behind the wappen, what is this?
img3862c.jpg

Chris,

It wouldn't surprise me if the 61 was the size. The number behind the plate is probably some sort of inventory or production number. Which maker is the manufacturer?

hi,
in my opinion, 1915 pattern cuirassier helmet have no rgt marking....your marks under the cocardes could be an order number or the number of the squadron and of the platoon...or simply the size...
number under the plate could be a mark used during the manufacture....
this is just my opinion...
regards
pp

joerookery said:
It wouldn't surprise me if the 61 was the size.

That wouldn't surprise me either but the neck guard has a marking that reads 59, I thought that was where the size markings are found. :-k

joerookery said:
Which maker is the manufacturer?

C.E. Juncker

Its a rather large helmet, so, 59 or 61 seems reasonable but why have two sizes on one helmet?

because 61 is not the size but the rank of the helmet among the others of the same squadron or rgt....

6th Kürassier Regiment-1th Eskadron/Squadron...?...(but... I can see no "dot" between the 6.1.
End of 1914-1915: Ersatz Helme: Because of the savings on tombac and other metals; a steel Ersatz pattern (painted Feldgrau) was manufactured. Coppercoated steel for the Garde Regiments and the Regiment Nr 6.This helmets kept
their Neusilber fittings, giving this helmets their normal look as usual.

AKO 21th September 1915: Verordnung: Mod 1915 Helme
From then on: the tombac GdC-GK and 6th Regt helmets were (like the line Regts Mod 1915 helmets) made of steel. No longer coppercoated.
(J-L Larcade Vol II-page 25)
Francis

Back